• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

transfering profits offshore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    haha ok

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      If everyone does it , why don't we?

wealthy getting wealthier, whereas we are working our asses off
      google, starbucks or cameron's father to name a few

Um...
      1. We are (relatively speaking) wealthy.
      2. We are (relatively speaking) not working our asses off.
      3. We are (relatively speaking) paying less tax than if we were employees.

So, stop feeling so hard done by. Think of how much you earned back in your home country. Think about how many BMW M5s you could have bought back then. Now you've got more money you're getting greedy very quickly. Stop it. It's not big and it's not clever.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Yeah just freaking invoice your english consultancy some fees and you have money transfered which is LEGAL... Not news , i know, just pissed that everyone does it and not me because I don't want headache.
        Yes, probably legal(ish). The trick is to get the money back again without incurring any tax on it personally.

Comment

A bit of a myth, that big co's just "get away with it", i.e. HMRC just turn a blind eye.

http://www.taxjournal.com/tj/article...ments-26112015

Big corporations are taken through the mill. They can however afford very expensive lawyers.

You can do what Google do, but first you need a valuable marketing trademark worth a lot of money. What Google and Starbucks do is put their Marketing assets in an offshore company. They then charge out the marketing rights to the UK company.

If you could turn up to customers and say "I'm Google" and you have all the rights to sell all their products, you'd make a lot of money yep? and therefore you'd pay through the nose to get those marketing rights.

How would you value your marketing assets of your company "diseasex Ltd" ? my estimation would be that it is probably worthless in that respect.

What you need to do is make a huge name for yourself first, then you can setup an offshore company and charge out.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            No UK agent will work with an IOM Ltd company so that kinda rules out that plan
            But an IoM company can invoice a UK company, and the UK company can invoice the agency - just adds a bigger consultancy chain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              A bit of a myth, that big co's just "get away with it", i.e. HMRC just turn a blind eye.

http://www.taxjournal.com/tj/article...ments-26112015

Big corporations are taken through the mill. They can however afford very expensive lawyers.

You can do what Google do, but first you need a valuable marketing trademark worth a lot of money. What Google and Starbucks do is put their Marketing assets in an offshore company. They then charge out the marketing rights to the UK company.

If you could turn up to customers and say "I'm Google" and you have all the rights to sell all their products, you'd make a lot of money yep? and therefore you'd pay through the nose to get those marketing rights.

How would you value your marketing assets of your company "diseasex Ltd" ? my estimation would be that it is probably worthless in that respect.

What you need to do is make a huge name for yourself first, then you can setup an offshore company and charge out.
              Putin bought shares and withdrew from the deal , Which incurred high fees. I'm sure there are other examples

Comment

Working...
              X