• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK and Gorilla Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Hmmmm - cojak said she thought they were cheeky buggers. But if that's an official CUK statement that there is no deal between the two, then it's a little ambiguous for my liking.
    But your evidence isn't exactly screaming there is a deal.... Unless I'm missing something here
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      But your evidence isn't exactly screaming there is a deal.... Unless I'm missing something here
      Theres no deal, c'mon, King Kong accounting have seen you biggin' them up and decided to use your respected status on CUK () to get a few more clients, chill you're not Cameron and are in the clear!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Theres no deal, c'mon, King Kong accounting have seen you biggin' them up and decided to use your respected status on CUK () to get a few more clients, chill you're not Cameron and are in the clear!
        Erm.. I don't think it's me you need to be explaining that to.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No - that's why I was asking the question.

If you're confused, maybe you should ask your accountant
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No deal at all with Gorilla. Just them saying to look on here for positive feedback from what I can tell from the other posts in the thread. We don't hold any address data so nothing here that we could (or would) sell on to help accountants market via snail mail. I think the rules are different with direct marketing to email aren't they? They don't need to have a prior relationship to sell. In any "partner" email, where one company's users are emailed about something then there should be details on the email to say how you are getting the email or what company holds your details and how to get removed from that list.

We don't sell any data on, we don't even collect that much, apart from your email address if you sign up to the forum. We don't know what your Ltd Co is or anything else about you. If you sign up with a YourCo email address then we could maybe work that back to a mailing address but this isn't worth the faff and it isn't something we would be comfortable doing either.

I am disappointed that you would think that of us, FaQQer. Banner ads on the website - yes, selling on site user's details - no. That would be a great way to piss off the people who use the site and wouldn't make any sense for us to do this.

We don't favour any posters on the forum - Alan @ Broome is a good example, not paid us a penny (no matter how hard we try and prize his wallet out of his pinstripe!) but still able to post on here and not had a thread or post deleted or amended that I am aware of. The rules are the rules for all service providers on here whether they advertise with us or not.

Comment

My letter said that details had been obtained from Companies' House. The CUK bit was suggesting that I visited the forum and speak to their clients (which was a bit odd, especially as I haven't seen them posting here). Looking forward to seeing NLUK patiently deal with the flood of noobs that arrive asking about them

Comment

CUK and Gorilla Accounting

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                If there is some kind of relationship between CUK and Gorilla, then I'd certainly be looking a bit more closely at the winners of the accountancy awards from here onwards. And at whether anything is moderated in a different manner to comments about other accountants.
                And although Admin has made his point I'll make mine as well.

Admin has NEVER coerced, suggested or so much as winked at how NAT and I should moderate these boards.

And realising that this is a Professional forum and I need to follow the rules as much as the next person, I will not express my feelings about such a comment FAQQer.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If admin told me to treat any individual or group of posters differently, I'd quit immediately.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    My letter said that details had been obtained from Companies' House. The CUK bit was suggesting that I visited the forum and speak to their clients (which was a bit odd, especially as I haven't seen them posting here). Looking forward to seeing NLUK patiently deal with the flood of noobs that arrive asking about them
                    Looking forward to NLUK's new stock reply 'Have you asked MY accountant'

Comment

Thanks for the back up cojak & NAT. If anything we go the other way in terms of fairness. As I said before, there are lots of service providers on here who don't support the site in any other way apart from giving their advice on here. Yes that is a two way thing, they put time into the forum to give advice and by doing so they promote their brand and win business and they advice they give is of use to the community here. Other providers are happy to pay for banner space on the forum and the guides sections and that gives them visibility and helps them to win business. The only difference in treatment on the forum is that those who pay for banners can have avatars and those that don't can't.

Comment

Working...
                      X