• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory MP says non-wealthy are "low-achievers"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Banging and screwing?
    No, unfortunately this one is all piles & shafting...
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      coffee roasting facility
      The Colombian grind.

Bet you chopping up cocaine really

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        “Forward” is not the only option

I am fortunate that as a project based QS as long as there is construction there will be work for me, I maintain relevant & up to date training & accreditation, I just don’t want to go in to management (which would be considered forward)

I also have the option to shift sideways into PQS / SCQS / Forensic QS / ADR

Not so much dead wood, more wood floating on the sea of life & enjoying it.
        I'd call your options forward motion. Management is its own career path. however assuming that you will always be in demand is the mistake that too many people make. It's more stark in IT but I have seen a few 'restructures' over the years and it's uncanny how they nearly always target the well paid elder team members with tonnes of experience.

Comment

Working...
        X