• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting rid of stuff - free cycle etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of stuff - free cycle etc

Anyone used these and can make a recommendation

I have a 12 foot dinghy+ launch trolley + road trailer cluttering up the garden - its condition is OK although it does need a lot of work to bring it back to usable - especially new tyres for the road trailer as it's been stood for 10 years

Options appear to be

Pay council £45 to come and collect and dispose ( still trying to find out if a dinghy comes under the acceptable items banner)
    Cut it up into little pieces, throw into the back of the 4x4 and dump at the tip
    Put it on free ads for someone to take away

Any one used Freecycle, snaffleup, ? don't really fancy the great unwashed turning up at Troll towers but don't really want t cut it up and take to the tip
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Obviously a millennial on snaffleup.co.uk

I see the education system is working

Hi, I no this probably sounds cheecky and a long shot but me and my other half have just moved into our own flat and basically have nothing at all and im actually woundering if anybody could help with absolutely anything, because we will be very greatful for anything that is offered to help us. I no this is actually going to sound even more cheecky but we would be very very greatful if it could be delivered aswell because weve got no transportation to collect. We would be greatful for absolutely anything no matter how small.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Anyone used these and can make a recommendation

I have a 12 foot dinghy+ launch trolley + road trailer cluttering up the garden - its condition is OK although it does need a lot of work to bring it back to usable - especially new tyres for the road trailer as it's been stood for 10 years

Options appear to be

Pay council £45 to come and collect and dispose ( still trying to find out if a dinghy comes under the acceptable items banner)
      Cut it up into little pieces, throw into the back of the 4x4 and dump at the tip
      Put it on free ads for someone to take away

Any one used Freecycle, snaffleup, ? don't really fancy the great unwashed turning up at Troll towers but don't really want t cut it up and take to the tip
      Not a marina near by? Try the local charities Scouts / Sea Cadets.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ask BP. He has experience in offering / picking wives from freecycle.

Comment

I use Freecycle a bit. I recently got rid of a stereo that didn't work.

People will take anything if it's free!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Not a marina near by? Try the local charities Scouts / Sea Cadets.
            Did think about that - but not sure they would want a restoration project

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Did think about that - but not sure they would want a restoration project
              they will know someone who will.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                they will know someone who will.
                Just sent them an email - will see if the spirit of make do & mend is still alive

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Some of them expect you to deliver stuff for free as well.
                  +1 There's some right cheeky feckers out there. FreeCycle I'm a big fan of but watch out for these, usually they have some sob story about no use of arms, legs, brain, etc.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

My wife uses Freecycle to get rid of any old tulip. If it's free, someone will have it.

They may not even want it, they'll try and flog it on ebay. Who cares though, as long as you've got rid of the offending items.

Comment

Working...
                    X