• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract within IR35 by default?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    SDC and IR35 are 2 completely different things. It's quite possible to be under SDC but outside IR35 subject to other clauses.

Scrub what was here. Seen it now.

As per other posters, who is this agency. I have a new contract with nothing like that in it and that passed the qdos review at the first attempt. It sounded like it's been worded by their administration team.
    What is IR35 - The Four Pillars of IR35

You sure?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Control
      RoS
      MOO

You only need to demonstrate one in your favout to be outside ir35. In reality the judge would look at all in parallel. However, if you were subject to control but also put a sub on site, I think the chances of being found inside ir35 would be zero.

Plenty of eminent posters have pointed out the discrepancy between brollies and Ltd regarding the possibility of claiming expenses for a Ltd but not for a brolly, even though both may be subject to control.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Control
        RoS
        MOO

You only need to demonstrate one in your favout to be outside ir35.
        In reality the judge would look at all in parallel. However, if you were subject to control but also put a sub on site, I think the chances of being found inside ir35 would be zero.

Plenty of eminent posters have pointed out the discrepancy between brollies and Ltd regarding the possibility of claiming expenses for a Ltd but not for a brolly, even though both may be subject to control.
        Really, your view is miles away from mine.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          That's the rule, unless it changed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Case law.

Examples on right of this thread.

Comment

Hi just an update,
              Spoke with the agency, People Source for those asking, and they are refusing to change the contract.
              Their reasoning is because "of the new regulations" all contracts they are signing up will be within IR35, not sure if they mean with the current client or with every contractor they sign on, because of SDC because I will need to report to a line manage and work specified number of hours. Also had the line "we have a contractor who is starting Monday and he is in IR35 and not complaining"

The review from QDOS has came back as this:
              "I am unable to complete your Full Contract Review today as the agency have issued you with the incorrect terms. The contract title contains the term “(WITHIN IR35 AND UNDER SDC)” – which states you are providing services within IR35 and are subject to the supervision, direction and control of the client. The contract refers to AWR throughout, as well as paid leave and rest breaks. These are all issues that should not apply to a limited company contractor. I recommend, therefore, that you ask the agency for the correct terms."
              Last edited by Echo1234; 21 April 2016, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo1234 View Post
                Hi just an update,
                Spoke with the agency, People Source for those asking, and they are refusing to change the contract.
                Their reasoning is because "of the new regulations" all contracts they are signing up will be within IR35, not sure if they mean with the current client or with every contractor they sign on, because of SDC because I will need to report to a line manage and work specified number of hours. Also had the line "we have a contractor who is starting Monday and he is in IR35 and not complaining"

The review from QDOS has came back as this:
                "I am unable to complete your Full Contract Review today as the agency have issued you with the incorrect terms. The contract title contains the term “(WITHIN IR35 AND UNDER SDC)” – which states you are providing services within IR35 and are subject to the supervision, direction and control of the client. The contract refers to AWR throughout, as well as paid leave and rest breaks. These are all issues that should not apply to a limited company contractor. I recommend, therefore, that you ask the agency for the correct terms."
                are you willing to walk if they won't supply the correct terms? That is pretty much your only option now.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

OK, but surely putting a sub on site would actually cover ROS and MOO, in reality, concurrently?

Anyways, @ OP looks like you may have hit a brick wall with this one, unless you can get the terms changed?
                  Even then the working conditions sound well iffy.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Quote them your "Inside IR35 Rate".
                    This remark may have been in jest, but it made me wonder, does anybody ever quote two rates to an agency one in case the contract falls Inside and one outside of IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      are you willing to walk if they won't supply the correct terms? That is pretty much your only option now.
                      Yeah I can walk away. Don't think the money will be worth it as I will need to work away from home so not being able to claim expenses will be a big deal.

I wonder now if it will be the case that when you apply for new contract roles will you also need to ask the agent is the daily rate an IR35 rate or not?

Comment

Working...
                      X