• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract within IR35 by default?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    This remark may have been in jest, but it made me wonder, does anybody ever quote two rates to an agency one in case the contract falls Inside and one outside of IR35?
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So far it's one very risk adverse agency implementing it. To the OP you only real option is to walk away but apologize to the end client (I.e. Call the person who interviewed you and explain that due to the unwillingness of the agency to provide an acceptable contract you can't accept the contract).

That then Gives them the chance to bin people source off their supplier list and allow you to select someone else. I doubt it would work but you never know..
    There will be too many permatractors and bob showaddiwaddis who will blindly sign the contract.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;2241928]OK, we'll have to beg to differ. The client has a requirement for some work to be done and he has a budget to cover it. That's it IMO.

Actually, i agree with what you are saying. Client wants a worker within ir35 for a fixed budget. Take it or leave it.

But is that what they really want or as someone else posted, are they risk adverse, badly advised or just honest about their requirement? Either way, the likely outcome is that they will get a different group of candidates as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        There will be too many permatractors and bob showaddiwaddis who will blindly sign the contract.
        Yes

Comment

Does the client want someone under ir35 or is the agency just utterly risk adverse with a crap legal advisor?
          To be fair it smells like HR have a hand in this one.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            This remark may have been in jest, but it made me wonder, does anybody ever quote two rates to an agency one in case the contract falls Inside and one outside of IR35?
            Yes. Always. It tends to sharpen the mind of both agency and client when the day rate shifts by around £100. Doesn't always work, mind, but these days I tend not to use agencies at all, but that said, some agencies are more helpful than others.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              To be fair it smells like HR have a hand in this one.
              Where is the comment in the op's posts that show as much.

HR won't like this. SDC will push temporary workers far too close to employees for their comfort.

Trust me this stuff is giving both my brother and sister in law nightmares (they are both senior hr bods with masters in employment law).

Remember there are two sides to every battle and the phrase "could these SDC changes result in more people claiming employee rights or more tribunals" works wonders...

Im looking forward to the weekend when I can discuss parasol still allowing their employees to claim expenses...
              Last edited by eek; 21 April 2016, 12:38.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Yes. Always. It tends to sharpen the mind of both agency and client when the day rate shifts by around £100. Doesn't always work, mind, but these days I tend not to use agencies at all, but that said, some agencies are more helpful than others.
                Only £100? Mine was 50% more. It focused their minds completely.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Removed
                  Last edited by GB9; 21 April 2016, 12:36. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Only £100? Mine was 50% more. It focused their minds completely.
                    If I put mine up by 50% I'd be approaching Accenture rates territory, and they'd tell me to do one. £100 covers me for increased NI, and the lack of expenses etc. IMHO we are all being slowly but surely shafted out of existence, the greedier we get the quicker it will happen. You know what they say about death and taxes - it's a right bugger when you get both at the same time...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Latest update.
                      Just called agency to let them know I won't take on the contract. They are still pushing the line that all agencies and contractors will be working in the same way from now on, everyone will be within IR35. Anyway just told them only way I can take on the job is if it is not within IR35 for it to be worth while to me, he has now gone to speak to his supervisor. Not really holding out much hope, time to move on...

Comment

Working...
                      X