• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adele named as UK's richest female musician...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Not my cup of tea when the makeup comes off..

She looks friggin beautiful. I'd marry her in a heartbeat (as long as no pre-nup was involved).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      She looks friggin beautiful. I'd marry her in a heartbeat (as long as no pre-nup was involved).
      Should've gone to SpecSavers...
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        She looks friggin beautiful. I'd marry her in a heartbeat (as long as lights are not turned on).
        FTFY

Comment

If she was just a singer, then it would be correct to say that she isn't a musician. “Similar to the dolphin who is not a part of the family of fish, the singer is not a part of the family of musicians” - Igudesmann and Joo.

However, she can play guitar and piano (and bass IIRC). Since she also writes songs, I think the term "musician" is appropriate. Unfortunately, it also applies to Taylor Swift...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

hello?

Comment

If she lost a few stone and she would look bangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                Adele named as UK's richest female musician ever as fortune hits £85m - BBC News

£85M ?!

FFS... she can't even sing in tune...

"Musician" is probably trade descriptions too.

World's gone madder
                I think she probably can sing in tune. It's hardly an accomplishment.

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                Don't think I'd know one of her songs if I heard it.

Completely off my radar. Must be my age or something.
                You probably would you just don't know it's hers. She did a Bond theme and gets used in adverts, TV shows, etc a lot

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                If she lost a few stone and she would look bangable.
                Shame the same can't be said for you, eh?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Most surprising was that she is still beaten by Enya on £95 mil. Enya is Irish though, not from the UK.
                  And still easy on the eye.

Nice headline in The Daily Mail - "Orinoco Cashflow...".

Enya beats Adele in the music rich list with £91million fortune | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    If she was just a singer, then it would be correct to say that she isn't a musician. “Similar to the dolphin who is not a part of the family of fish, the singer is not a part of the family of musicians” - Igudesmann and Joo.

However, she can play guitar and piano (and bass IIRC). Since she also writes songs, I think the term "musician" is appropriate. Unfortunately, it also applies to Taylor Swift...
                    Hmm, I wonder what she writes, you can get co-writer credits for writing a few of the words, usually done for royalty purposes. The team behind her music is the usual suspects;
                    Adele's '25': The Songwriters & Producers Behind Blockbuster Album | Billboard

Well done to her but it's Asda mum music.

Comment

Working...
                    X