• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL timebomb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
    Agreed, but that doesn't mean it is controlled. In theory there is currently nothing to stop all 500+ million people within the EU upping sticks and moving to the UK hence the UK has no control over if/when/how that could happen.
    It's not immigration you numpy, it's same as people moving from somewhere in UK to London.

Almost all of those 500 mln of people in EU got enough brains to know that going to UK is pretty stupid - very high cost of living, high taxes, low earnings for most, no point really.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      First-time buyers need £90,000 salary to pay off Help to Buy loan in five years

While buyers can get the loan the same way they can get any mortgage, with a loan-to-income test, the huge size of the loan means even those on high salaries will struggle to pay it off during the interest-free period, which lasts for five years after the loan is taken out.

And once the interest-free period is up, the charges amount to thousands every year - and if the property increases in value, so does the government's share.

---------------

So in 2018, the government is going to become a homeowner on an increasing scale? Personal debt will soar?

The government will then have a vested interest in maintaining high house prices? And there will be a lot more wage slaves?

Hopefully AtW will be along shortly to point out the solution to this.....
      That's Help to Buy, NOT Buy to Let. FFS, read it before you post it!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        You're joking, right?
        Probably the worst idea, in the world, ever.
        Feel free to add any of your own ideas.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          FTFY

Thought you were in the game now, d000hg
          I expect to sell my inherited properties but regardless, what I think is best is not based purely on what is best for my bottom line. That said I don't think the current changes make a lot of sense, though I do feel the idea everyone and their dog 'should' own a BTL is silly.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's not immigration you numpy, it's same as people moving from somewhere in UK to London.

Almost all of those 500 mln of people in EU got enough brains to know that going to UK is pretty stupid - very high cost of living, high taxes, low earnings for most, no point really.
            Aha... the resulting to name calling ploy.

Ok, whether immigration or migration from within one part of the EU to another it is still uncontrolled and yes, the same goes for all countries in the EU with freedom of movement of people etc etc.

If the UK was that unattractive, people wouldn't come. I've worked with plenty of well educated people from other EU countries who come to the UK for the opportunities it affords them.

Anyway... this is off topic for BTL so I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
              If the UK was that unattractive, people wouldn't come.
              I reckon English language is the main reason.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                What would your mortgage be at normal 6-7% interest?
                the same as it is now, I fixed it for 5 years.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  the same as it is now, I fixed it for 5 years.
                  You dirty spekulant, repent!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X