• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' for US trade deals post-Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' for US trade deals post-Brexit

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So it's just envy and greed that drives you?
    What do you do for a living? Any wife and kids?
    Envy!

No, I just don't want to bankrupt myself to afford a half decent family home.

Don't pretend that house prices aren't bonkers.

Yes I am married with kids, and I am the sole earner.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      MM only wants a drop in your house price.
      Even if it drops to £1, why would I sell it? I need to live somewhere nice, the more it drops the less likely it will be sold.

Rents are already out of control and with BTL changes they will only go further - I reckon 50% increase in rents over next 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Envy.

No, I just don't want to bankrupt myself to afford a half decent family home.

Don't pretend that house prices aren't bonkers.

Yes prices are bonkers.

But my point is you had enough time to build up equity on your house. When did you buy it?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sounds like you need a divorce mate - then you won't have wife, kids and small house, just ask Brillo for details how to do it...

Comment

It's not house prices growing in price, it's value of money dropping so much - there are people with plenty of cash to snap up houses if they half in value, this won't help at all normal people who won't be able to afford even half price houses (with high interest attached).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It's not house prices growing in price, it's value of money dropping so much - there are people with plenty of cash to snap up houses if they half in value, this won't help at all normal people who won't be able to afford even half price houses (with high interest attached).
              MM thinks that if there was such an economic cataclysm that house prices halved he would still have a job.
              And he'd rather the economy collapsed if it hurt bankers.
              Feel sorry for his kids TBH.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes prices are bonkers.

But my point is you had enough time to build up equity on your house. When did you buy it?
                I have equity, and will buy the next gaff in the fullness of time. It would be nice to get something decent for a reasonable price. But I have sweated my nuts off to try and meet the market conditions.

This isn't about me. This is about Generation Y and my kids Generation Z. I have the capacity to GAF about other people younger than me. Something many in the boomer generation have no ability to do.

Comment

MM thinks that if there was such an economic cataclysm that house prices halved he would still have a job.
                  Indeed, he completely ignores other side effects of the root causes that would force house prices to drop.

Comment

I have equity, and will buy the next gaff in the fullness of time. It would be nice to get something decent for a reasonable price. But I have sweated my nuts off to try and meet the market conditions.

This isn't about me. This is about Generation Y and my kids Generation Z. I have the capacity to GAF about other people younger than me. Something many in the boomer generation have no ability to do.
                    if my kids have to rent because thats the done thing so be it. They'll be joining the vast majority of people in countries like Germany.
                    Owning a house is not a human right
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

ilOwning a house is not a human right
                      No, it is the right of baby boomers.

Comment

Working...
                      X