• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daftest question from an agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daftest question from an agent?

Agent called me - asked if I had a family or a pet. He was checking out my willingness to travel.

He asked how I would feel about travelling to Newquay - not a problem I reply, there is a train from my home town that goes there, provided the role suits and ther rate is okay.

Half an hour later he said the role was in Milton Keynes. So, why ask me about travel to Newquay?

Had a chutney spooner on Friday commiting to a rate before he talks about the role.

This used to be a straightforward game. I am honestly thinking about working in B&Q.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Was it New Quay in Wales or Newquay in Cornwall?

We should be told.
    Correct. Regular flights to Newquay and it's not in Wales.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

More likely Newport Pagnel.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Daftest questions:

"Would you consider going perm? It's 21k pa and I think you'd walk the interview."

I probably would given that I was on over double that before I went contracting you gibbon.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

One that happened to me on Friday - would you like to work for TCS in Zurich?

Regretfully I initially said yes. I then came to my senses and said no. I am still being bombarded with emails and phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            One that happened to me on Friday - would you like to work for TCS in Zurich?

Regretfully I initially said yes. I then came to my senses and said no. I am still being bombarded with emails and phone calls.
            My current pain is an insurance company in Ipswich. Every week I get an email from one of two agents on LinkedIn as they circle round the same list of contractors who aren't gullible enough to take it
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Will you accept £50 and a night with NLyUK to make me forum poster of the year?

PM to admin

Comment

Would you consider perm?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Will you accept £50 and a night with NLyUK to make me forum poster of the year?

PM to admin
                  Damn Outbid, I offered him 50p for a night with NLyUK.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Damn Outbid, I offered him 50p for a night with NLyUK.
                    And to think, you could have saved yourself at least 30p...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X