• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin Hoaxer Fools BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin Hoaxer Fools BBC

<placeholder>

Craig Wright revealed as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto - BBC News

If he can digitally sign things as Satoshi, then that's a fairly good start to the process.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      If he can digitally sign things as Satoshi, then that's a fairly good start to the process.
      Many people are arguing that he did not, in fact, do so: at least one part of the supposed evidence has been found to have been copied from an early Bitcoin transaction, and the supposed demonstration could easily have been spoofed with a couple of trivial bash scripts.

Bickering a-plenty at http://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin

Comment

I thought Nick Szabo was the more likely candidate, but it's always going to be a heated discussion.

Gavin Andresen seems convinced though.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The Economist, having been one of the recipients of the supposed proofs, remains rather dubious: Craig Steven Wright claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto. Is he? | The Economist

Comment

That's him all right, the only reason it's not Official is because I did not say so, but for 50000 bitcoins ...
            Last edited by AtW; 2 May 2016, 14:35.

Comment

I thought it was DimPrawn?

Comment

1. Why does it matter?
                2. What difference does it make which of the claimants is the inventor?
                3. Why on Earth is it worthy of front page news?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  1. Why does it matter?
                  2. What difference does it make which of the claimants is the inventor?
                  3. Why on Earth is it worthy of front page news?
                  Slow news day, the choice was between him and your sockie jihad on CUK, you lost...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X