• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel throughout EU For 80 Million Turks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ah, so you are talking about not YOUR freedoms, but freedoms of state to do various things which would ignore individual freedoms, such as deporting somebody to place where they would face fortune or death.

I think it's very good that EU is limiting freedoms of UK Govt, if those terrorists are breaking any laws in UK then they should be jailed under UK laws or not allowed into the country in the first place.

I've come to conclusion that UK Govt is totally untrusted and should never have final say on matters affecting citizens, so for UK to be part of EU is awesome. It's also great for UK Govt - gives them great excuse to blame EU for their own incompetence.

On a business side the argument is rock solid - for trade to be in EU is much better for UK than being outside.
    Yes my freedoms!

Freedom to not live with a bunch of foreign Islamic terrorists without the ability to deport them. I might not love my government, but I support them 100% in deporting scum like that.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

AtW, are you a British citizen?
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        AtW, are you a British citizen?
        Yes matey.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Freedom to not live with a bunch of foreign Islamic terrorists without the ability to deport them. I might not love my government, but I support them 100% in deporting scum like that.
          Nah, that got nothing to do with basic freedoms.

I also support Govt in deporting scum, however it's totally false to think that EU is the main reason for failure of Govt to deport them or put them in jail, there is no need for EU exit for this to happen - more terrorist attacks happen no in continental EU, the consensus will move very soon against that scum, just need to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            There is no visa-free travel within the EU. There is for the Schengen zone (ie most of it) but Britain and Ireland aren't in that so visas still need.

In any case Turks have always had hassle-free visa access to UK under the ECAA Ankara Agreement...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

so much FUD

Comment

Working...
                X