London Mayor London Mayor
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 115

Thread: London Mayor

  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic 's job has never been outsourced

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,185

    Default London Mayor

    Exit polls say Saidq Khan will be the new London Mayor.

    Will it make any difference having a leftie London Mayor?

    I cant see this political position makes any difference having survived Red Ken.
    Excpet that it costs the taxpayers more to fund.

  2. #2

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,752

    Default

    These are my 10 priorities for London

    Tackle the housing crisis, building thousands more homes for Londoners each year, setting an ambitious target of 50 per cent of new homes being genuinely affordable, and getting a better deal for renters.
    Freeze London transport fares for four years and introduce a one-hour bus ‘Hopper’ ticket, paid for by making TfL more efficient and exploring new revenue-raising opportunities. Londoners won’t pay a penny more for their travel in 2020 than they do today.
    Make London safer, with action to restore neighbourhood policing, tackle gangs and knife crime, a plan to tackle the spread of extremism, and a review of the resourcing of our fire service.
    Be the most pro-business Mayor yet, working in partnership with industry to deliver on skills, infrastructure, and growth.
    Restore London’s air quality to legal and safe levels, with action to make travel greener and pedestrianise Oxford Street, while protecting the green belt.
    Set up ‘Skills for Londoners’ to ensure all Londoners have the opportunity to train in the skills that our economy needs.
    Tackle low pay, working with employers to make London a Living Wage City.
    Challenge gender inequality, working to close the gender pay gap and support women to break the glass ceiling while helping to remove the barriers to women’s success.
    Make cycling and walking safer, with more segregated cycle routes, action on dangerous junctions, and safer lorries.
    Make London a fairer and more tolerant city, open and accessible to all, and one in which all can live and prosper free from prejudice.


    So a load of old bollox then.

  3. #3

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Exit polls say Saidq Khan will be the new London Mayor.

    Will it make any difference having a leftie London Mayor?

    I cant see this political position makes any difference having survived Red Ken.
    Excpet that it costs the taxpayers more to fund.
    Well, there's always Sharia Law to look forward to...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  4. #4

    More time posting than coding

    Mincepie is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    288

    Default

    A terrorist sympathizer in charge of Labour and another as London Mayor.....

  5. #5

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,752

    Default

    All the super mosque planning applications will get approval now.

    All the slum rentals in peoples garages, sheds, will get approval for the new arrivals.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie View Post
    A terrorist sympathizer in charge of Labour and another as London Mayor.....
    I bet MI5 are well chuffed...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  7. #7

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,752

    Default

    Low cost housing plans.



  8. #8

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,009

    Default

    "pedestrianise Oxford Street"

    Er, and where do the half a million buses which traverse Oxford St. go now then? Weapons Grade Bell End Alert...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  9. #9

    More time posting than coding

    Mincepie is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    I bet MI5 are well chuffed...
    I cant believe how London/UK has changed in last 30 years before our eyes. If this skid mark gets Mayor gig you wait it will be one thing after another to appease the Muslims

  10. #10

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic 's job has never been outsourced

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    These are my 10 priorities for London

    Tackle the housing crisis, building thousands more homes for Londoners each year, setting an ambitious target of 50 per cent of new homes being genuinely affordable, and getting a better deal for renters.
    Freeze London transport fares for four years and introduce a one-hour bus ‘Hopper’ ticket, paid for by making TfL more efficient and exploring new revenue-raising opportunities. Londoners won’t pay a penny more for their travel in 2020 than they do today.
    Make London safer, with action to restore neighbourhood policing, tackle gangs and knife crime, a plan to tackle the spread of extremism, and a review of the resourcing of our fire service.
    Be the most pro-business Mayor yet, working in partnership with industry to deliver on skills, infrastructure, and growth.
    Restore London’s air quality to legal and safe levels, with action to make travel greener and pedestrianise Oxford Street, while protecting the green belt.
    Set up ‘Skills for Londoners’ to ensure all Londoners have the opportunity to train in the skills that our economy needs.
    Tackle low pay, working with employers to make London a Living Wage City.
    Challenge gender inequality, working to close the gender pay gap and support women to break the glass ceiling while helping to remove the barriers to women’s success.
    Make cycling and walking safer, with more segregated cycle routes, action on dangerous junctions, and safer lorries.
    Make London a fairer and more tolerant city, open and accessible to all, and one in which all can live and prosper free from prejudice.


    So a load of old bollox then.

    Whats the cost £££ ? I am sure there will be no impact for london council tax payers
    Lets see if he has an anti-banking agenda.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •