• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Referendum: a Google-assisted Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Brexiteers are very "shouty". You see the difference when Obama points out politely that the UK will stand at the back of the queue, Boris Johnson could have politely replied about how the UK might not need a quick deal but he didn't he replies by "frothing at the mouth" and throwing personal insults.
    Perception bias. As someone on the other side, I perceive the Bremainers to be very shouty indeed. FFS, WWIII You can't get much more shouty than that. It's backfiring though

Comment

personal insults.
      Also, anecdotally, witness the majority of Bremainers on CUK. Ad hominems abound.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Perception bias. As someone on the other side, I perceive the Bremainers to be very shouty indeed. FFS, WWIII You can't get much more shouty than that. It's backfiring though
        A good argument, that the EU helps prevent conflict

...and this is how the Brexiteers will start a conflict once we leave the EU

ww.express.co.uk/news/uk/667933/Send-British-Army-to-Ireland-before-Brexit-time-bomb-warn-UKIP-David-McNarry

I rest my case

I'm alright Jack

Comment

A good argument, that the EU helps prevent conflict

...and this is how the Brexiteers will start a conflict once we leave the EU

ww.express.co.uk/news/uk/667933/Send-British-Army-to-Ireland-before-Brexit-time-bomb-warn-UKIP-David-McNarry

I rest my case

The vast majority of people are either soft Bremainers or soft Brexiters, not at all shouty. What you see in online fora, and the national press, is the opposite of that.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The "in" voters I've met apart from a couple who are politically active are very quiet about their views. I had to drag it out of them.
            Yes, they sound like poor timid souls, who wouldn't say boo to a goose, and who crave safety in numbers.

The sort who if they'd been on the Titanic would have stayed inside in the warm and ended up with their bones littering the bottom of the Atlantic ..
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't think not wanting to stick your views in everyone else's face implies one is timid.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X