• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using past clients logos on your website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    What about if your linked in page has your past clients on it. So my public page shows the client and their logo. So would you not argue that the relationship between you and the client is already public?

I'm probably conflating two different things here.
    Don't companies have to register with LinkedIn for them to link up the profile ? Hence they surrender the image right ?

To just use it straight on a website would be different and would need permission, full stop.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      He looks like a girl.

Turns out it's name is Jason George. Very effeminate, if you ask me. Suspect he is a Nikon tog, only got the Canon tat to try to make him look better.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Now, I've said all that without mentioning the naff factor... Well, it's naff. You are a professional, don't do it.
        If your reputation can be summed up in a couple of logos, that says a lot about you, none of it good.
        This is nonsense. There's nothing about using logos that makes things unprofessional. If your creating a page showing your clients and the work you've done for them, the design will most likely be improved by using the logos, particularly if they're well know.

A page like this would be pretty much essential for a portfolio style website.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          This is nonsense. There's nothing about using logos that makes things unprofessional. If your creating a page showing your clients and the work you've done for them, the design will most likely be improved by using the logos, particularly if they're well know.

A page like this would be pretty much essential for a portfolio style website.
          That's my thinking. I've just revamped my website this week and wrote a few "case studies" of the kind of work that I do. So I included the logo of the company after my "I'm great, hire me" pitch and a couple of lines explaining who / what the client do because they aren't always obvious.

If the client has an issue and wants me to remove the logo then I will do.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
            That's my thinking. I've just revamped my website this week and wrote a few "case studies" of the kind of work that I do. So I included the logo of the company after my "I'm great, hire me" pitch and a couple of lines explaining who / what the client do because they aren't always obvious.

If the client has an issue and wants me to remove the logo then I will do.

Legally you should ask permission first before using copyrighted images.

Doing it without permission (apart from being illegal, something that I'm sure CUK would not support) may well harm your chances of getting future work with said company.

I guess if you're a web developer, then a website with examples may be good advertising for you, but you need to seek permission first. It's really that simple.

Comment

Just to back up my comments above:

P-13: Obtaining permission to use copyright material

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Alfa Romeo is out of shot, tattooed across his/her arsehole
                yeah Audi & BMW should be up his arse just like on most motorways.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Now, I've said all that without mentioning the naff factor... Well, it's naff. You are a professional, don't do it.
                  If your reputation can be summed up in a couple of logos, that says a lot about you, none of it good.
                  I suppose it depends on the line of work. If you are a professional toilet cleaner it might look a bit naff
                  "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Ok so I have to assume all those agencies have asked permission for each of the logos.

thanks for the heads up.

Comment

To make the site even more impressive, I wonder if I could change the "clients section" to "worked with" and include the logos of the companies I worked as a permie in, until I have enough company clients... probably not eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X