• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official Eurovision Song Contest thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I approve the Official status of this thread, next time please submit filled in paperwork at least 7 working days in advance...
      WHS

Comment

Rockbottom.

My own favourite UK entry.... Ever.

ISTR we were bridesmaid yet again that year.

Actually, just watching this reminded me that each act in Eurovision had its own conductor who would take the musical helm, so to speak. Does that still happen now? I don't think it does. Is there even an orchestra? They probably sing along to a backing track.

Anyway, older CUKers will instantly recognise the conductor in this clip as it's none other than Ronnie Hazlehurst - probably the best ever conductor/arranger of the light entertainment genre with the exception of the late, great Geoff Love.

Last edited by The Castle Cary Fairy; 13 May 2018, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
          Ronnie Hazlehurst - probably the best ever conductor/arranger of the light entertainment genre with the exception of the late, great Geoff Love.
          Hmmmm….inneresting….

Geoff Love....mentioned by so many of your tiresome sockies....

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          There, amongst all the Top of The Pops cover version albums was a copy of Great War Movie themes by Geoff Love and his Orchestra
          Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Geoff Love anyone?

Did all those "Big War/Western/Action Movie Themes" on the Music for Pleasure Label.

Also went under the name of Manuel and the Music of the Mountains.
          Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
          I've recently found out that Geoff also performed as Manuel and the Music of the Mountains.
          Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          First record of any description was Big Western Movie Themes by Geoff Love and his Orchestra on the Music For Pleasure label.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Hmmmm….inneresting….

Geoff Love....mentioned by so many of your tiresome sockies....
            Yes, well done. I wanted to see a bit of effort from you tonight.

There's a good 15 minutes of your life you'll never get back

Comment

Yes, well done. I wanted to see a bit of effort from you tonight.

There's a good 15 minutes of your life you'll never get back
              If it results in yet another one of your sockies getting permanently banned, I would say it's effort well spent....

Comment

Rockbottom.

ISTR we were bridesmaid yet again that year.

Actually, just watching this reminded me that each act in Eurovision had its own conductor who would take the musical helm, so to speak. Does that still happen now? I don't think it does. Is there even an orchestra? They probably sing along to a backing track.

Anyway, older CUKers will instantly recognise the conductor in this clip as it's none other than Ronnie Hazlehurst - probably the best ever conductor/arranger of the light entertainment genre with the exception of the late, great Geoff Love.
                Christ on a bike, you really are a boring twunt!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Rockbottom.

1977 - odd to think that, at the same time, there was a group of individuals sat on top of the Hit Parade whose stock in trade was hurling insults at the Queen.

Comment

Working...
                  X