• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you deal with…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ok now you need to tread lightly. You know they know how tulip they are. If you get them loaned out to yet another team, they will know who did it.

Given that client co don't ge rid of tulip, they're clearly very weak and risk averse. They like to go with the flow. I'm afraid it sounds like you have to do likewise.

Have you tried discussing this with your pm quietly? Could they get less critical tasks to work on?
    My idea of less critical is someone else's task. If someone asks for support they will get assigned. I don't care what they think. OPP
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Someone has to restock the crunchie machine in the officers' mess.
      Or tidy the bogs

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Current project, I have a team member (English not the first language). Every meeting or discussion first words out of their mouth is an ass cover, dire tribe that seems to go for 5 -10 min. sometimes I lose track of the question. It's the same every time, they should not be responsible for the task, they can't do anything help. They are killing every meeting.
        Working with Suity I see. Call a him a bedwetter and say stabbity stab a few times while doing the motions in his direction. He'll soon flounce.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Working with Suity I see.
          Can't be. This guy apparently turns up for pre-arranged meetings at the correct time & place.

Comment

Are they contract or perm?

If contract then just ask them, in front of everyone, wtf they are banging on about. Then tell them everyone has had enough and that they should stfu unless they have something useful to say.

If they're a permie then you're stuffed.

Comment

Dire Tripe

You don't see tripe any more these days, do you?
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                You don't see tripe any more these days, do you?
                Can tell you've not been a member on here long.

Now, white dog poo, that's a rarity.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Are they contract or perm?

If contract then just ask them, in front of everyone, wtf they are banging on about. Then tell them everyone has had enough and that they should stfu unless they have something useful to say.

If they're a permie then you're stuffed.
                  Permie, that why I have them on "loan".
                  I thought they were part of the team, so I was going to try to work with them.
                  But it appears other people have tried and failed, I will not waste my time. Support requests have a new home.

I think I may try to set-up a rule in my outlook.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Yes. I saw some in Swansea the other day in a butcher's shop window.
                    Morrisons sell it. Along with marrow bones.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X