• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone contracted in Gibraltar (and possibly lived in Spain)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    This, realtions are very poor at the moment, and although closing the borders is rare, Guardia Civil has imposed ridiculous checks causing massive delays.

Gib is a thriving place for the betting companies at the moment who moved from IoM, but most of the dev work is outsourced to the likes of Playtech in Israel or Tallin so its day to day operations that need to be based in Gib
    Thanks, appreciate the reply. I've seen quite a few perm opportunities (William Hill seem to want a lot of people at the moment), but fewer contracts.

I will also take a look at other options such as working remotely / WFH for UK companies and possibly live in Southern France / Northern Spain instead. Looking for more for a work / life balance change, working 4-6 months a year and relaxing / doing my own side projects for the rest of the time.

These locations look like a good place to be based, as property is really cheap at the moment, and cost of living is a lot lower (if you can get the tax situation right).

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
      Thanks, appreciate the reply. I've seen quite a few perm opportunities (William Hill seem to want a lot of people at the moment), but fewer contracts.

I will also take a look at other options such as working remotely / WFH for UK companies and possibly live in Southern France / Northern Spain instead. Looking for more for a work / life balance change, working 4-6 months a year and relaxing / doing my own side projects for the rest of the time.

These locations look like a good place to be based, as property is really cheap at the moment, and cost of living is a lot lower (if you can get the tax situation right).
      I have a place near Baza in Granada, dire for working as the hubs seem to be Madrid/Barcelona, there are times when I an get from Leeds to Baza quicker than Leeds to the south coast which is annoying as there seems to be a bit of a hive of activity there at the moment.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
      X