• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No good deed goes unpunished

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No good deed goes unpunished

Angel of Woolwich: confronting Lee Rigby's killers ruined my life

Sad story.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Sad story.

My thoughts exactly. Poor woman.

Comment

The nation has a duty of care for this brave woman.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

And another one: -
          https://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/...clean-up-bill/

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Utter jobsworth cnuts.

Their sole interest is wielding what little power they have - and seem to forget that power comes with responsibilities.

Should he not be concentrating his sanctimonious comments about 'He cannot do what he wants with other people’s property' towards the people who put the obscene graffiti there in the first place?

No - he is just going for the easy option.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              However, Coun Jim Bacon said: “We cannot apologise to him. He cannot do what he wants with other people’s property. It’s a two-way conversation and it was not the first time either.”

Put to the vote, councillors agreed to rescind the bill but voted against issuing an apology.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Utter jobsworth cnuts.

Their sole interest is wielding what little power they have - and seem to forget that power comes with responsibilities.

Should he not be concentrating his sanctimonious comments about 'He cannot do what he wants with other people’s property' towards the people who put the obscene graffiti there in the first place?

Indeed. And it kind of sums up the UK. When I am PM, I will give him a medal. And Tony Martin will be my anti burglary minister.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Utter jobsworth cnuts.

Councils really are staffed, almost exclusively, by absolute pricks. It's like the slag heap of useless middle management - where they can wallow in self indulgent bureaucracy while bringing absolutely no good to the world.

Seriously - has anyone actually had an experience with the management level of a local council and not come away wanting to set things on fire? Absolute bellends.

Comment

Working...
                    X