• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silverlink

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is IBM, well, Wipro for IBM.

2 monther. Fed up with the agency-baiting now anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Don't do the mistake of sending your CV across.

They will either:
      - remove your name from your CV, put an Indian (ILR / Bob) developer's name on it and submit it to the client. (or)
      - Submit your CV at your requested rate + £200/day and have a good moan with the client that they are struggling to find someone local for a decent rate => Another Bob on the dole.

Well known scam.

Comment

Another agency very much like Silverlink is Avance.

Same thing totally un-understandable Indians calling from rural India and it looks like a London number is calling you. Mostly Wipro and Tata (TCS) for £200 or less per day. When you say for example my rate is £550 per day they still think they can convince you in accepting £200 pd

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Silverlink for Wipro for IBM.

That could only be better if they included Hays somewhere in the chain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
            Silverlink for Wipro for IBM.

That could only be better if they included Hays somewhere in the chain as well.
            Yeah I know! Though I was at IBM with Hays and they were fine.

Woman is calling me every hour now despite me telling her I was in meetings all afternoon (which was a lie, TBF).

Comment

I disconnect the call as soon as I hear the words like silverlink, infoplus, smartedge solutions, black apple, avance consulting.
              They are absolute time wasters.
              I suspect they are all owned by the same company

Comment

oh yeah black apple another one, same category

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Silverlink are on my blocked caller list, they are such a waste of time. They can call and email you 3 times per day about the same role and the next day again the same thing and each call may be a different Indian.
                  That's very difficult as they keep phoning from a different number. I now don't answer calls from Silverlink1,2,3,4 .

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Silverlink are on my blocked caller list, they are such a waste of time. They can call and email you 3 times per day about the same role and the next day again the same thing and each call may be a different Indian.
                    That very difficult as they keep phoning from another number. I don't answer if its silverlink1,2,3,4

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Could be the RSPCA HQ

If so, I wouldn't expect a brilliant rate
                      All the doggy chocs you can eat though...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X