• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear with Chris Evans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can take a while for a dynamic to work - the presenters will get used to each other and get a rapport going. I'm sure it will improve. I remember when Sue Barker first took over Q of Sport from David Coleman - she was terrible. After a few shows she found her own style.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I think most petrol-heads are going to be disappointed not to see Chris Harris playing a much bigger role.
      He is very good, what a pity he stopped now making youtube videos for his channel...

Comment

Matt Le blanc turned silver fox

How you doin

Comment

I was prepared for the worst. It was pretty good. I think there's a few papers who are out to do a hatchet job on the Beeb (as ever), so even if it was the most amazingly brilliant thing ever on TV, they (and their believers) would still slate it.

I think it will improve with a few episodes under their belts.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Especially if someone can find the volume control on the ginger twat and turn it down to 0.
            ^ This.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Sabine and the Stig are both pro racing drivers, not presenters.
              Just to clarify, Sabine Schmitz presents at least 3 programs on Germany TV; D Motor,Turbo and Test my Ride. Those are the only 3 I've seen but she might do more for all I know...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Just to clarify, Sabine Schmitz presents at least 3 programs on Germany TV; D Motor,Turbo and Test my Ride. Those are the only 3 I've seen but she might do more for all I know...
                Yes, I know. She's not being used as a presenter on the twat's version of Top Gear though, is she...?
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Occasionally watched old Top Gear with son though not really my scene. Watched 15mins of new one just to see what all the fuss was about, like lots of others I suspect. The true viewing figures/success will only be apparent after a few weeks.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    You think on those road trips they didn't have a backup team of mechanics and just filmed May and Hammond looking into the engine bay every now and again?
                    This

And most "accidents" and problems are staged.

Comment

It was more fun to watch the reaction on Twitter when it largely got panned.

There were a few standing up for it but fell into one or all of the bellow;

1/ Clarkson hating lefties
                      2/ Car haters
                      3/ Middle aged women
                      4/ People who did not watch old Top Gear

One of whoem tweeted that it was racist and xenophobic not to like it

Comment

Working...
                      X