• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was it?

EU referendum: MPs call for extended vote registration - BBC News

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs say voter registration for the EU referendum should be extended after technical problems hit the official website.
    The difficulties happened just before Tuesday night's deadline.
    Users reported a page displaying the message "504 Gateway Time-out" instead of the online registration form.
    Clearly one of you Brexiters fiddling with the system to stop the last minute (likely younger) votes registering.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

It was a Bremainer .

If the Brexiters win they will claim this and other voting abnormalities made voting unfair so the referendum has to be re-done until we vote the "right" way.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mind you, you could always have gone to this one and not registered: Vote Leave accused of 'disenfranchising' people trying to register to vote with misleading website | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Two things:

What sort of idiot leaves it until, literally, 5 minutes before the deadline to register?

Surely the deadline is legally defined? You can't just change it to suit the feckwits who left it too late to register.

Comment

So, a database crashes when it's not supposed to, a website fails, is anyone else thinking...

Oh Suity
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
            What sort of idiot leaves it until, literally, 5 minutes before the deadline to register?
            People leaving their tax returns and stuff to the very last seems to be quite common, no one on here would do that obviously except well the odd self confused few I guess.
            So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Two things:

People whose concerns are on other matters who realised that if they didn't register to vote they wouldn't have another say until they were 70.

T

Surely the deadline is legally defined? You can't just change it to suit the feckwits who left it too late to register.
              The website crashed a couple of hours before the deadline. It is cheaper for the government to extend voter registration by a couple of days then to defend a legal challenge which someone will take to the appropriate European court with pro bono help about free and fair elections.

I should add I voted in the IPSE election with about 20 minutes to go. I wasn't bothered about voting until I remembered there were posters standing from here who didn't support stupid ideas like contractor limiteds, which some other feckwits who had stood previously had promoted.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X