• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bremainer Elite! - Jeremy Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    First, the minimum wage is very poorly enforced (by successive governments). Consequently, there is a very large black market for illegal labour, below minimum wage. Second, raising the minimum wage will act as a massive pull to low-skilled EU workers, and will prevent wage acceleration above the level of the minimum wage. The systemic undercutting of workers (as identified by Labour) is a shorthand to the black-market element, and this is why they focus on wage compression as a problem of failed policy/enforcement. They are partly correct. They are also partly incorrect, because they completely ignore the immigration dimension of wage compression. The longer they ignore it, the more their core support will ebb to UKIP.
    If you make people self employed then you aren't breaching NMW legislation if they earn well under it per hour. This is the trick loads of companies are pulling from care workers to car valets to parcel delivery drivers.

Another trick is to charge foreign EU workers for board and transport to their jobs.

In regards to workers not being paid the NMW most if them are non-EU citizens who are illegal, who are likely to be found at places like your local [insert ethnic cuisine] resturant or on smaller building sites. (I've actually seen them at the latter more than once.)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If you make too high then it will remove incentive to keep getting better, any job in UK should pay enough to have ok but not great living, house prices should be tackled separetly
      Lets make it £19.99 then
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        So, what he has shown is that he is capable of being a PM - that gets my vote.
        Amongst all the nonsense and lies being thrown about, by both sides of the argument, that is the funniest, and most far-fetched, thing I've seen.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          Amongst all the nonsense and lies being thrown about, by both sides of the argument, that is the funniest, and most far-fetched, thing I've seen.

Well done.
          You are mean.

Atw is talking to his 18 year old self.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X