• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My concern is that the US will try and force TTIP on the UK
    I'm sure Trump and Boris will thump out a deal that's right for the people. It's not like they'd lie to us in order to service their own agenda.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      That is a good thing. The EU was doing some pretty nasty tulip to the UK NHS through TTIP... Some of you remainders need to do some reading on what was being quietly mooted. We just dodged a bullet make no mistake.
      What exactly can you be more specific ?

The public services such as the NHS was excluded from the trade agreement. In any case the UK had a veto on the whole deal so it wouldn't have gone through without agreement from the UK government. Most Brexiters simply think the Commissioners can do what they want. In reality on most important issues the UK could have and did block eg the Euro.

I see the UK is now a weaker negotiater, before the UK could have held the entire EU-US deal to ransom if it didn't get what it wanted, now it'll be little UK (without Scotland) grovelling for a trade deal to stimulate trade. The US will probably offer fait a complit.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 June 2016, 14:52.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        What exactly can you be more specific ?

The public services such as the NHS was excluded from the trade agreement. In any case the UK had a veto on the whole deal so it wouldn't have gone through without agreement from the UK government. Most Brexiters simply think the Commissioners can do what they want. In reality on most important issues the UK could have and did block eg the Euro.

I see the UK is now a weaker negotiater, before the UK could have held the entire EU-US deal to ransom if it didn't get what it wanted, now it'll be little UK (without Scotland) grovelling for a trade deal to stimulate trade. The US will probably offer fait a complit.
        No it couldn't. We handed our veto rights away when Mr C went to get us a great deal so we would stay. That was our last protection up the swanny.

And more importantly why should little Britain keep holding the EU to ransom? We needed to either commit or leave and the remainders were sat in a position where they wrongly thought they had a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          No it couldn't. We handed our veto rights away when Mr C went to get us a great deal so we would stay. That was our last protection up the swanny.

And more importantly why should little Britain keep holding the EU to ransom? We needed to either commit or leave and the remainders were sat in a position where they wrongly thought they had a choice.
          To do what is best for little Britain. F**k Europe......

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I will stick with my Aston Martin.
            AMG engines in new ones...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I will stick with my Aston Martin.

does it have somewhere for the hairdressers scissors ?
              Last edited by unemployed; 25 June 2016, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                AMG engines in new ones...
                That will be interesting to say the least...

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                  does it have somewhere for the hairdressers scissors ?
                  They were only offered to owners of a new DB9/S

Comment

Working...
                  X