• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And todays Darwin Award winner is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't read the article properly did you
    Not as spectacular as the clown who dissolved himself in a pool of boiling water
    My 'tasting funny' comment was a gag. Sorry it was too subtle for some. It comes from an old gag. A couple of cannibals are eating a freshly boiled clown, one says to the other "does this taste funny to you?".

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Doesn't say much for the level of safety compliance
      Doesn't say much for the person.

You make something safe, some idiot will find a way of using that "safety" in a dangerous way - I.e. By pushing their hand into a closing door because it was too far closed for them to get in.

The passenger should be fined.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Doesn't say much for the person.

You make something safe, some idiot will find a way of using that "safety" in a dangerous way - I.e. By pushing their hand into a closing door because it was too far closed for them to get in.

The passenger should be fined.
        Agree totally, people are stupid. Answer was a bit tongue in cheek. However if something gets caught in the doors you would expect them to either open, or or emergency brake to kick in.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Agree totally, people are stupid. However if something gets caught in the doors you would expect them to either open, or or emergency brake to kick in.

No can do, otherwise the trains would never leave because the late people on the platform would continue to hold them up. If you know the train will not move provided you can get something in to jam the door, then it will have to wait at the station until there is no one near the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            No can do, otherwise the trains would never leave because the late people on the platform would continue to hold them up. If you know the train will not move provided you can get something in to jam the door, then it will have to wait at the station until there is no one near the platform.
            Some trains do work that way though...
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Maybe it was the heat or something this weekend

but it has to be said the amount of stoopid, drooling, knuckle dragging derps seems to have been on the increase

nothing specific just a huge amount of basic stupidity

Comment

There's probably an EU a UK regulation on this.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  But he didn't just slip into a pool. He ignored all the warning signs and walked 225 yards off the designated path!

Yellowstone National Park rangers fear man dead after reportedly falling into hot spring | Daily Mail Online
                  And here's some more unfortunates in Italy:

Family of three die after falling into boiling mud as sink hole opens up in volcanic area in Italy

Poor little sod is orphaned in a whipstitch.

And, as if the thought of that isn't hideous enough:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...tack-rats-bed/

Attacked by rats in her bed.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 13 September 2017, 11:46.

Comment

May I also add from I downloaded an app. And suddenly, was part of the Cajun Navy. - Houston Chronicle taken from Monday's Monday's Links

Around 11:30, I realized I hadn't heard Cowboy on the line with a report about Sassine Street. I asked on the app if we had had any update.
                    My phone rang. It was Cowboy.
                    "We got to Sassine. It's confirmed."
                    "Confirmed?" I frantically asked. "Confirmed what? What does that mean? Does that mean they're dead?"
                    "Yes. Water past the roof. They never left the attic. We sent divers in."
                    During flooding do not move from the first floor into the attic / loft, get on to the roof...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      May I also add from I downloaded an app. And suddenly, was part of the Cajun Navy. - Houston Chronicle taken from Monday's Monday's Links

During flooding do not move from the first floor into the attic / loft, get on to the roof...
                      It's amazing how people step up in a crisis and how others will refuse to do something out of panic that would save their lives.

Comment

Working...
                      X