• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And todays Darwin Award winner is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Doesn't say much for the person.

You make something safe, some idiot will find a way of using that "safety" in a dangerous way - I.e. By pushing their hand into a closing door because it was too far closed for them to get in.

The passenger should be fined.
    Door should not crush people, that's pretty obvious. They should either re-open or the train should not be able to move until said person is removed from the train and told off.
    Same as car windows... children for instance are all too likely to do something stupid the moment you take your eyes off them
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Door should not crush people, that's pretty obvious. They should either re-open or the train should not be able to move until said person is removed from the train and told off.
      Same as car windows... children for instance are all too likely to do something stupid the moment you take your eyes off them
      Just realised this is an old thread being brought back.

At some point the doors have to close. Late passengers can't delay trains forever.
      The passenger is relying on the train's safety mechanism to allow them to board at a time that they should not be attempting to board.
      If the door re-opens, that tells said passenger (and any others) that if you just miss your train because you're too slow at getting there on time, then throw your hand into the closing door and the train will stop for another 30 seconds to let you board.
      ...and then another 30 seconds for the next tardy arrival, and then another, etc.
      ...and then the train company are to blame for late running trains.

The door should not open up again, it should stop closing, allowing said passenger to remove the object they inserted and wait on the platform. Maybe next time they'll make more effort to turn up before the train departure time.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Just realised this is an old thread being brought back.
        Wavey

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Wavey
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pet dog 'ate crack' then killed owner in front of BBC crew filming drug documentary | The Independent
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I think he meant this story linky
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X