• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shockingly Tony B'Liar wants to ignore the democratic will of the people.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockingly Tony B'Liar wants to ignore the democratic will of the people.

Tony Blair: UK should keep Brexit options open - BBC News

Former prime minister Tony Blair has said "we should keep our options open" on the UK leaving the European Union.
    He told the BBC the 48% who had voted to Remain felt "disenfranchised" and it was not clear "what we are moving to".
    He said that "if the will of the people shifts" as details of what Brexit means for the country begin to emerge, then, "Why shouldn't we recognise that?"
    Prime Minister David Cameron and Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn have both ruled out a second EU referendum.
    When asked on Radio 4's The World This Weekend whether "keeping our options open" meant a second EU referendum, Mr Blair replied: "It means whatever we decide it should mean as we see how this debate develops."
    But he said the case for leaving the EU had "crumbled".

what a shock that scumball wants to f us over again.

Nigel if you down to the woods today, you are sure to find a blunt penknife!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Brexit is his fault to a large extent. Had he not relaxed migration controls earlier than necessary the UK would not have been such a major draw and there would not have been such a large influx. Migrants naturally want to go where they can be with others of their own culture, that's human nature.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The Wail link for the same story:
      Tony Blair claims Britain might change its mind on quitting the EU | Daily Mail Online

3000 comments all very complementary about him - not!

Comment

Given recent prosecutions one has to be very careful about suggesting politicians should be shot. Think it's probably safe enough in relation to Blair though, they could never prosecute that many people.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

2006 Lisbon Treaty.

We were promised a referendum. Didn't get one. Nuff said.

And he wants to be on the negotiating committee. What a ****

Comment

It's Bliars last roll of dice to get cushy EU job if he proves himself useful.

Have to say that even Brexit got some positives...

Comment

Well when intellectual heavyweights like David Beckham throw their weight behind Remain, it is very difficult to stay resolutely in the Leave camp!

And not only that, literally "thousands have flocked to Central London" to complain about the result. Oh woe is me.......I mean you have to feel sorry for them. Just how in hell are Pippa and Tarquin going to become obscenely wealthy if their access to cheap imported low-skilled labour is removed? Mama and Papa may then have to end up selling one or two slabs of their BTL portfolio!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Tony Blair: UK should keep Brexit options open - BBC News

what a shock that scumball wants to f us over again.

Nigel if you down to the woods today, you are sure to find a blunt penknife!
                Playing both sides admirably as usual, then
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  The Wail link for the same story:
                  Tony Blair claims Britain might change its mind on quitting the EU | Daily Mail Online

3000 comments all very complementary about him - not!
                  don't tempt our wail hating mod!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Given recent prosecutions one has to be very careful about suggesting politicians should be shot. Think it's probably safe enough in relation to Blair though, they could never prosecute that many people.
                    No one would shoot Blair.

He would just be "encouraged" to take a walk like David Kelly....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X