• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lionel Messi sentenced to 21 months in prison for tax fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lionel Messi sentenced to 21 months in prison for tax fraud

Breaking now on the beeb

He won't serve a day in prison.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Soon to be followed by Neymar...

Comment

Who?

Comment

Looks like he's scored an own gaol.

Comment

Well done Spain.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sentences of less than 2 years in Spain tend to be suspended, unless there is an element of violence involved. I had to do my research after I was robbed in Barcelona, and fought back. Got my stuff back, but they knew which hotel I was staying in - it happened outside the front, just as I was walking in, and got called back by some chunt saying he thought I'd dropped something. He offered to help looking while his mate was checking which pocket I checked (as you do) so when they buddied up to me, they knew where my wallet was. Didn't feel a thing. When they legged it I went after them, one got a right hook (not a very good one, but effective enough) and the other threw my wallet back. I was quite relieved when we got on the plane without any comebacks, but I was quietly crapping myself I don't mind admitting.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0kqyev46qyI

Edit: how do you get the vid to show as a pic and not link?

qh
                Last edited by quackhandle; 8 July 2016, 09:46. Reason: pic not link
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Sentences of less than 2 years in Spain tend to be suspended, unless there is an element of violence involved
                  In this case Spanish taxpayers were violated.

HTH

Comment

He's still a criminal.

Which makes it harder to get into some countries.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X