• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Elections called!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. We voted in Tories. We have them. The majority is still 12.

Interestingly, the muppet Farron has said the majority of the electorate must be listened to. I assume he means we should Brexit now

Comment

What's to stop any of the existing parties saying "If we're elected, we'll ignore the referendum result, and not trigger article 50"? If they're elected they're following the democratic will and ignoring it at the same time. It's probably quantum.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I wonder how Brexiters feel about the WTO. I mean that's an organisation of many countries which is used to create agreements which are bound by law and when broken the country in question can be fined.

Here's one dear to contractor's hearts: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e..._e/ds503_e.htm
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          No. We voted in Tories. We have them. The majority is still 12.

Interestingly, the muppet Farron has said the majority of the electorate must be listened to. I assume he means we should Brexit now
          With Labour in chaos it could be a smart move for May, I doubt they will tho

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I doubt the Iraqi death toll would have been very much lower had the war not happened. Saddam was pretty efficient in that area. Everything else you say, is of course, totally correct.
            Totally agree with this, Blair made a mistake in going into Iraq without a UN mandate, but Saddam's days were numbered there would have been a messy civil war at some point.

He should have stayed on the sidelines and sent in the "Nursing Corps" in the aftermath.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
              With Labour in chaos it could be a smart move for May, I doubt they will tho
              I don't see any need to. Just point to the previous regime.

As for the bit about leaving the EU: the Tories gave them the choice so the Tories should do the dirty work.

Comment

There is a stench coming from Westminster - it is the hypocrisy of the Labour party calling for an election - just like they provided when Gormless Gordon succeeded Phony Tony

Comment

when Gormless Gordon succeeded Phony Tony
                  So pleased to see people on CUK using names that suitably scorn our leaders. But what about Corbyn?

Germy Cockbum I reckon.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    So pleased to see people on CUK using names that suitably scorn our leaders. But what about Corbyn?

Germy Cockbum I reckon.
                    Brownstuff, wasn't it?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X