• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Osborne thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a bottle of Champagne in the fridge, I think I'll open it later.
    Lets not lose sight of the fact that we have "lost" Osborne
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I expect the Japanese will welcome him back..

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        As Davis has been made minister for Brexit, Boris won't even have much of a place in the most significant foreign policy issue of the day. I suspect he'll be forced to spend much of his time on "goodwill" visits to places where he has to look like he's enjoying eating slugs
        Exactly, the FCO has been hollowed out of anything that might break, and Boris installed as head of gags and, ahem, the greasing of foreign poles. All that, and he'll be out of town for 99% of the year. Win-win-win. Clever lady.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
          Will we now be getting our £2025s back?

No.

Hammond is quietly hawkish and a free-marketeer, but he'll fall into line, and you heard what May just said on the steps of Downing St: "if you earn a lot, we're coming for you." Afterall, that's partly what the EU ref was about. Policy reality TBC, but the rhetoric sounds an awful lot like Ed Millipede.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I have a bottle of Champagne in the fridge, I think I'll open it later.
            Lets not lose sight of the fact that we have "lost" Osborne
            +1

don't forget he'll bounce back shortly, their type always do...

Comment

Working...
            X