• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wow, Switzerland is expensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the road tolls if driving....

Comment

Got one when I crossed the border. Only €40 for 6 months.

Rather weird actually, crossed the border into Switzerland and in as many km I was back in Germany before crossing the border again back into Switzerland. Near fried my noodle with that one.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        €1300 per night for the hotel, or for a few days in it? And is that the rack rate?
        Got to be for a few days in it.
        Obviously, I'm sure he only had a singular room, with no butler or on call staff.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Got to be for a few days in it.
          Obviously, I'm sure he only had a singular room, with no butler or on call staff.
          Why'd do you think I went alone?

You're new to this game, I can tell...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Why'd do you think I went alone?
            Some things in life are so self evident they defy explanation
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

On a more important note. Now that's I've reeled in my first Swiss client, how much should I be charging them? Please don't make me use the search bar, I can't be bothered.

So if I charge €100 in Germany it would be in what in Zurich?

Oh and Swiss Deutsch, why does it sound like Italian? Brain fried... They understood me. But me them...

Comment

FTFY

So if I charge €100 per day in Germany it would be in what in Zurich?
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

On a more important note. Now that's I've reeled in my first Swiss client, how much should I be charging them? Please don't make me use the search bar, I can't be bothered.

So if I charge €100 in Germany it would be in what in Zurich?

Oh and Swiss Deutsch, why does it sound like Italian? Brain fried... They understood me. But me them...
                  Like my fluent-german speaking mrs says, the Swiss speak like they're attempting to eradicate all vowel sounds. She said something to about Austrians, can't quite remember what she said but I'm sure it was they sound like morons...

Tschuss Papa......

Comment

How much is fish 'n chips?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      How much is fish 'n chips?
                      I had fish and chips in Zurich Altstadt, admittedly touristy and dearer, guy warned me it wasn't like uk fish and chips, some weird fish from Lake Constance.

However I went for it, and it was fukn awful.

£23.00.....

Comment

Working...
                      X