• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment on account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    you can reduce or eliminate any payment on account if you have different plans for the current year (make sure you account for any dividend tax above the 5k zero-rated band).
    And if you get it wrong then I think you'd have to pay interest...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      And if you get it wrong then I think you'd have to pay interest...
      Yup, I mentioned that above. Requires some caution.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Service charges? New roof and a shed load of outside renovations planned?

Look on the bright side though, once all that is done, your place will be worth more, as all those anticipated service charges won't come off the sale price.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Service charges? New roof and a shed load of outside renovations planned?
          Lady in bank asked whether I've made sure the bank details for transfer are not fraudsters, I said they were worse - tax office...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Yeah

You can have it reduced if you have different plans for the current year (but you'd better be sure, otherwise you'll pay interest on any discrepancy).
            Yep, exactly what my accountant advised. It was good tax planning to take a wedge last tax year, as long as you had "legitimately" it obviously .

Feeling rich on the bench, at the moment, for once.

Obviously extra chuffed as I haven't had to claim JSA

@ATW you obviously didn't get your Queens award for your knowledge of contractor tax
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X