• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slow Running Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Running Trains

Why is it that trains in Spain and Italy, for example, can function perfectly normally in hot weather while ours have to trundle along at 30mph because the rails (which are presumably made of the same stuff as they are elsewhere) are too hot?

To be fair, this morning's delay had nothing to do with that; it was a "bovine incursion". First time I've ever heard cows on the line called that

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Why is it that trains in Spain and Italy, for example, can function perfectly normally in hot weather while ours have to trundle along at 30mph because the rails (which are presumably made of the same stuff as they are elsewhere) are too hot?

To be fair, this morning's delay had nothing to do with that; it was a "bovine incursion". First time I've ever heard cows on the line called that
    Sure MF wasn't on the train?

Comment

The newly founded Bovine Incursion Group is causing confusion amongst many CUKers. Being both Black and White (in patches), and of no specific religious belief, no one is quite sure which cultural group to blame. As a result, some of the less intelligent posters have defaulted to their standard position of blaming Brexit.

Comment

Because you did not implement EU law 322.33 article 3.2

Don't go crying now.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And while I'm at it, why is it ok to inflict the insufferable clattering of laptop keyboards on other travellers in the quiet carriage whilst I'm not permitted to use a personal stereo to drown out said noise?

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            And while I'm at it, why is it ok to inflict the insufferable clattering of laptop keyboards on other travellers in the quiet carriage whilst I'm not permitted to use a personal stereo to drown out said noise?
            Have you heard of headphones?

Haven't you found PC's BOSE headset yet?

Comment

Caught the train home last night which is supposed to have AC. Crap.
              Was 31C onboard.

How we make the trains so crap in uk never ceases to amaze me. In the winter you freeze your nuts off because either they dont turn the heating on or its broken (and they dont admit it). In the summer, same in reverse.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

The tube was in bits yesterday with trains cancelled all over the place and stations shut due to overcrowding. Once you did get onto a train the conditions were pretty squalid.

Comment

Nice to hear that the Londoners are having a rough time

Comment

We should adopt the Swiss model... Trains capable of going fast, but always run them with a minute or two extra allowed for each journey so that they can be "on time" more often. If there's a delay, just speed up a bit.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X