• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just make sure you are sick once every five years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Seems to mostly be about not paying doctors for patients they don't have. Which isn't entirely unreasonable.

And when you do turn up you'd hope they could just reactivate your registration without you having to re-register.

I probably went 10 years without a GP visit. Now I'm in my mid 40s I seems to be seeing someone or other every other week.
    That's how I read it, tick this box once every 5 years to show you are still living and if not the Dr's stops getting paid for you
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      Apparently so.

There also seemed to be a breakdown in the system whereby patients transferring from one area to another could end up registered in both.shouldnt happen but we all know systems aren't perfect.
      Yup, I think I'm still registered with a doctor where I was born and am registered where I now live.

But approx half the population go to the doctor every year once they reach a certain age for a check up down below, and as for the other half, well I seem to be getting invited to go for a checkup every couple of years. Last time I was there was to get a yellow fever jab and a few others. Next time will be for a script for Malarone.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        That's how I read it, tick this box once every 5 years to show you are still living and if not the Dr's stops getting paid for you
        So, this is Crapita's way of saving money on data cleansing? Running letters off at whatever cost per person rather than a simple death register update that is readily available?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          So, this is Crapita's way of making as much money as possible? Running letters off at maximum cost per person rather than a simple death register update that is readily available?
          FTFY
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            So, this is Crapita's way of saving money on data cleansing? Running letters off at whatever cost per person rather than a simple death register update that is readily available?
            they also have the electoral roll & council tax data they could use for movers.

a few hours with SQL and they could have some great candidates for deletion.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              There also seemed to be a breakdown in the system whereby patients transferring from one area to another could end up registered in both shouldn't happen but we all know systems aren't perfect.
              But it has to be said if we had to pay for healthcare these issues would get sorted out in a heartbeat.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Seems to mostly be about not paying doctors for patients they don't have. Which isn't entirely unreasonable.

And when you do turn up you'd hope they could just reactivate your registration without you having to re-register.

I probably went 10 years without a GP visit. Now I'm in my mid 40s I seems to be seeing someone or other every other week.
                Exactly. Not as sensational as the headlines, but the actual truth of the matter.

Comment

Anyone here actually work at Capita?
                  Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 20 July 2016, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                    Anyone here actually work for Capita?
                    This is ContractorUK. Perhaps there are people who work at Capita.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      The GP also won't see you as you are not registered with them, and then A&E can refuse to see you. One of the things A&Es do is check that you are registered with a GP and if you aren't they could in theory charge you for your healthcare if you can't prove you are entitled to it.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X