• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just make sure you are sick once every five years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    We moved 50 miles and still had the same milkman.
    Your missus got on well with him eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Though I did once drop into one of those walk in centres where they have a nurse vet the patients before forwarding them onto a doctor if the nurse can't handle the issue. No prior registration required. They're still around aren't they?
      Nope government closed loads down.

I use to try and use them as well as it was much easier than seeing a doctor.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        You wait till you get the prostate checkup letter - seemed innocent enough, but a pub acquaintance later provided the gory details - I've sort of put it off for now...

Another reason not to bother registering with them. Gonna die sometime anyway so ignorance is bliss, if not also painful.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Not with you. We moved 50 miles and still had the same milkman.
          Must be some milk float that
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Oh ffs.

That was a decent quick in and out service. No doubt too efficient for the govermin, and the doctors weren't getting paid enough as the nurses could handle all the easier stuff.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

They used to start at 7 am so I could pop in on the way to work. Once they saw me in the Lycra they knew I was worth saving.

They are very handy, stopped the abuse of A&E. Many were in town centres so they could have had a police presence and treated the drunks at the weekend.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sadly true, we have one nearby which is clinging on, if you need to see a doc on a weekend it is priceless, but under threat of closure.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  They used to start at 7 am so I could pop in on the way to work. Once they saw me in the Lycra they knew I was doomed.
                  FTFY
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X