• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London - City of Dreams...And riots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Are communities in London really that segregated?

Everyone keeps saying it is a diverse utopia.
    It can be very diverse. But different backgrounds generally don't mix, except for the middle classes.

What you see in the picture are the kids from the many council estate in prime locations in central London. Generally second generation, brought up in low income households with no education.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
      It can be very diverse. But different backgrounds generally don't mix, except for the middle classes.

What you see in the picture are the kids from the many council estate in prime locations in central London. Generally second generation, brought up in low income households with plenty of opportunities for education that they choose not to take cos they is gangsta init Monica.
      Ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Ftfy
        Haha!

Well I'm sure the guardian would claim it's due to the inherent racism within the British education system and working environment.

These kids aren't being taught in the right way dammit. If it wasn't for the system they would be on the right path.

Funny how the asian kids are doing ok..

Comment

Haha!

Well I'm sure the guardian would claim it's due to the inherent racism within the British education system and working environment.

These kids aren't being taught in the right way dammit. If it wasn't for the system they would be on the right path.

Asian kids if they are Bangladeshis aren't doing OK.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            you saying dem bangladeshis isss fick? Racist!!!!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I guess selling drugs is entrepreneurial...?

But let be honest, nobody cares about them. They don't crowd near where the billionaires in central west London live.

Comment

Haha!

These kids are bing given the same type of education - if not better than I got in the 1970's.

Get to school, sit down, shut up and learn, take exams.

There are better ways to teach people I agree - but first you have to instill a level of discipline and respect and remove a sense of entitlement. Many of these kids believe everything should be given to them on a plate - and if it is not they can just take it.

Add into that the fact that many kids from the exact same background do succeed quite happily then it is clear we need to stop making excuses for those that do not.

Comment

Working...
                X