• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA. CON

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Am taking The Wife (tm) away on holiday in September. Was looking about upgrading the flights, so I decided to check on their website.

Price to upgrade 2 of us both sectors: £4744

Price to upgrade 2 of us on the outbound: £900
    Price to upgrade 2 of us on the return: £1640

So, to upgrade both sectors costs £2204 more than to upgrade each sector separately.

Did Suity design the software for BA's pricing model, or is it based on MF's bookings?

Whats so difficult to understand? They're trying to max it out.

You have to play different combos. For example, sometimes adding a car or hotel to a booking when coupled with a business class flight (so it's a package) is way cheaper than the flight on its own. In the past I've upgraded a ticket and added a hotel I didn't stay in as it was way way cheaper.

Also, why are you paying for an upgrade? Sitting in the BA lounge right now with 4 business class flights to the US for a grand. Loyalty pays baby, loyalty pays.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

9hr flight (roughly), I don't like flying. We don't need extra baggage (15kg limit on the light aircraft), just like a bit of extra space and service.
      Same here, everyone has things they prefer to spend extra on.
      I have travelled a lot when I was less affluent and pay to enjoy the extra comfort etc these days especially long haul.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Same here, everyone has things they prefer to spend extra on.
        I have travelled a lot when I was less affluent and pay to enjoy the extra comfort etc these days especially long haul.
        Oh and I thought it was just hookers you sent money on.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Oh and I thought it was just hookers you sent money on.
          You see you got me all wrong

Still, those tickets may have been cheap, but the cost in terms of the physical corporate shafting, to gain them, must have been very high
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            You see you got me all wrong

Still, those tickets may have been cheap, but the cost in terms of the physical corporate shafting, to gain them, must have been very high
            Four hours in the shower and a glass of champagne & the shame is quickly gone.

Comment

Four hours in the shower and a glass of champagne & the shame is quickly gone.
              Strange that is what NLYUK told me after your last meeting.

The bite marks though might take some healing.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Also, why are you paying for an upgrade? Sitting in the BA lounge right now with 4 business class flights to the US for a grand. Loyalty pays baby, loyalty pays.

I'm considering paying for the upgrade because I'm saving the points to fly The Wife (tm) business class to Japan next year for a ski trip.

As for you needing to buy 4 business class seats, you know you can only get two together, so how will you distribute your weight over the others?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As for you needing to buy 4 business class seats, you know you can only get two together, so how will you distribute your weight over the others?
                  They might have done away with it now cos i can't find the configuration on their website, but I flew Lufthansa from Chennai to Frankfurt and was in the middle of 3 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration in business class. Absolutely hellish, but probably room for MF's 'stature'. Next time I went on an Emirates A380 which was a totally different experience

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    They might have done away with it now cos i can't find the configuration on their website, but I flew Lufthansa from Chennai to Frankfurt and was in the middle of 3 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration in business class. Absolutely hellish, but probably room for MF's 'stature'. Next time I went on an Emirates A380 which was a totally different experience
                    When I fly to Washington, business class is like that. i always make sure I get the window on one of those. Off to Denver shortly and will make sure I don't get a place in the 3...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                      X