• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Named Person Scheme breaches European Human Rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    This is shocking. Linky?
    Link
    http://no2np.org/named-person/

(admittedly from the campaign group) that references a government document that discusses "getting it right for every child" that mentions the home decorating.

I'm sure it came up in the court of session, I definitely remember it was discussed as a point although in extremis and the government agreed it was possible. I cant find the link at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Link
      The Named Person Scheme - NO2NP

(admittedly from the campaign group) that references a government document that discusses "getting it right for every child" that mentions the home decorating.

I'm sure it came up in the court of session, I definitely remember it was discussed as a point although in extremis and the government agreed it was possible. I cant find the link at the moment.
      If you are sure, that is good enough for me.

Comment

If you are sure, that is good enough for me.
        I've had 5 cans of Guinness and I'm watching CBB.

I'll get the court transcript tomorrow then we can all be sure.

Comment

I've had 5 cans of Guinness and I'm watching CBB.

I'll get the court transcript tomorrow then we can all be sure.
          I look forward to it.

Comment

I look forward to it.
            I'm sure.

Comment

I look forward to it.
              I can't seem to find the court transcript, it may have been removed but they are usually available.

In the meantime here is the 20 page judgment from the 4 days discussions , I'm sure you will enjoy it...

http://www.europeanrights.eu/public/...SIH_3_sett.pdf

Comment

I can't seem to find the court transcript, it may have been removed but they are usually available.

In the meantime here is the 20 page judgment from the 4 days discussions , I'm sure you will enjoy it...

http://www.europeanrights.eu/public/...SIH_3_sett.pdf
                I'll have a look if it's relevant to the wallpaper. The main thing is that you're accurately reporting a court case, and not regurgitating Christian Institute propaganda or anything like that.

Comment

I'll have a look if it's relevant to the wallpaper. The main thing is that you're accurately reporting a court case, and not regurgitating Christian Institute propaganda or anything like that.
                  Are you comfortable with the law as presented? wellbeing categories and an intervention level being set at if those levels of wellbeing are not being met?

Comment

Are you comfortable with the law as presented? wellbeing categories and an intervention level being set at if those levels of wellbeing are not being met?
                    The wallpaper part is concerning.

Comment

The wallpaper part is concerning.
                      Exactly...

Your child gets a say in things like how their room is decorated and what to watch on TV

Falls under the wellbeing category of Respected

Comment

Working...
                      X