• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keynsham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Oh well, the Chandag Road area looks ok & it seems a lot more salubrious than Midsomer Norton.

It's all relative I guess
    Keynsham is to Midsomer Norton what Belgravia is to Peckham.

Comment

Hmm Keynsham, I remember it well.
      Used to have a nice big car park that cost 20p to park all day.
      That's all I can remember, sorry.
      Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Great place if you are really hanging for a few rocks of crack though.

Is it twinned with Swindon?

Comment

Is there a particular reason that this blatant sockpuppet of the much banned fraudster/liar and thief is allowed to survive?

Comment

The rules are

1. You can operate a sockie
            2. If the sockie becomes troublesome for a moderation perspective, then it is permabanned. Unlike ordinary posters who are usually warned first.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Is there a particular reason that this blatant sockpuppet of the much banned fraudster/liar and thief is allowed to survive?
              There are so few posters at the moment sockies are allowed to keep the numbers up.
              Last edited by eek; 2 August 2016, 08:14.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I spotted AndyW's mum there a few weeks back.

Comment

Keynsham was nice 30 years ago but it's morphed into a big dormitory town with too many people and houses rammed into every corner. Either go down one road to the A39 - Pensford is quite nice (far better than it looks at first glance...) and really convenient to Bristol) or out to the Chew Valley, although that's getting expensive. And Bristol CC hate cars so traffic will always be a nightmare wherever you are; the trick is to go in early, like about 7:00 and beat the drones.

To go north is even worse than Keynsham unless you can afford Leigh Woods or Westbury-on-Trym, but even then you're surrounded. Or move to Bath and take the train in.

BTW did you know Only fools and Horses was filmed in Eastville, south of Bristol, because Peckham looked too posh...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

To go north is even worse than Keynsham unless you can afford Leigh Woods or Westbury-on-Trym, but even then you're surrounded. Or move to Bath and take the train in.

BTW did you know Only fools and Horses was filmed in Eastville, south of Bristol, because Peckham looked too posh...
                    I'm eyeing up a place in Hunstrete as it happens.

Keynsham would be my nearest town, hence the question.

Yes, I've done a few commutes into and beyond the centre of Bristol from the south & agree that you need to get in before 7 am to avoid gridlock.

Has the new mayor got the same anti car mentality as Ferguson?

Bath is where I was born & raised. Haven't lived there for a number of years, not much to my taste any more to be honest. Ain't going north of the Avon neither:

As for Eastville, <shudder/>

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                      I'm eyeing up a place in Hunstrete as it happens.
                      I guess it will be totally socktastic wherever you end up
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X