• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Of England Base Rate News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    You mean I used internet calculator and it was wrong on the first place on google? Blame me.
    I do, it confirms you are a gullible fool
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      The BoE did what they always do in these situations. Push the headless chicken button, and sell it, in a calming tone, as a headed chicken, carefully considered, involving joined-up thinking between the MPC, FPC and PRA, and one that will definitely calm the markets. That is, unless the markets are a headless chicken.

The BoE knows perfectly well that this isn't a credit crisis. There's a fundamental lack of demand in the economy that no amount of credit easing is going to address. There are deep structural problems that extend far back, long before the recent financial crisis, and all the actions taken by the BoE since that crisis have only rooted them more deeply. Brexit will obviously hit demand in the short-term, but it's a sideshow. All this asset pumping might've been forgiven, had the BoE succeeded on any terms, even their own terms, but they haven't. Take a look at the ASI report released yesterday, which is a damning indictment of the FPC's stress tests and worrying reading for anyone that thinks the BoE is anything more than a dutch kid with a dyke.
      source?

Comment

It means the economy is tanking and they need to encourage lending to boost it. Share stock market will go up or stale, mortgage rates will drop or stay the same, the debt will increase which is dangerous. We might face deflation (if QE fails) which is also dangerous with oil prices at rock bottom etc. I might get a cheap loan and put on stock market or gold.
        Good heavens. I wish I had read this before replying to your other post. My wish is that you stop filling up the board with absolute garbage.

Comment

Can someone axe this dizzyex sockie?

Pretty please.

Comment

source?
            Goddammit, I thought you'd put me on ignore.

Comment

We might face deflation (if QE fails) which is also dangerous with oil prices at rock bottom etc.
              Might we? I thought they said inflation would go up to 3%?

It sure is confusing when people keep changing their mind about what signifies things getting better or things getting worse. We're told something will happen and it means we're doomed. The opposite happens and we're told that it means we're doomed. It's almost as if some people just want to claim the sky is falling no matter what.

Comment

Goddammit, I thought you'd put me on ignore.
                I removed it because you wrote some opinion instead of the usual flame.

Comment

Bank Of England Base Rate News

Don't panic!

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 4 August 2016, 13:09.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I removed it because you wrote some opinion instead of the usual flame.
                    How would you know? I was on ignore.

Comment

Can someone axe this dizzyex sockie?

Pretty please.
                      Please don't accuse him/her/it of being a sockpuppet and a liar, it's been "verified" by the Admin team that he/she/it is a "real" poster. That's such an efficient process with no history of it being a complete sham and total lie in the past that your accusation will be rejected.

Yes we all know the ID is just yet another trolling sockpuppet, but we're all supposed to be too stupid to have noticed.

Comment

Working...
                      X