Weasel pinko words creeping in Weasel pinko words creeping in
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

CUK gives you wings

hyperD has more data than eek

Default Weasel pinko words creeping in

What with this nonsense from David Murakami Wood, from the Surveillance Studies Network on Britain being the most spied on in the world:

"Surveillance is not a malign plot hatched by evil powers to control the population.

"But the surveillance society has come about almost without us realising."

He added: "With technologies that are large-scale, taken for granted and often invisible, surveillance is increasingly everywhere.

"We describe techniques such as automatic classification and risk-based profiling as "social sorting" which can create real problems for individuals — social exclusion, discrimination and a negative impact on their life chances."
    Life chances? What the feck is that? Are we in some role playing game? Are our lives governed solely by luck or is it the fact that those that work the hardest appear to be the "luckiest"?

I've also heard this stupid ad on the radio that talks about "...when I contacted my life company..." FFS! They used to be called banks. And occaisionally those banks sold endowments.

Why is this doublespeak appearing everywhere?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by hyperD
    Life chances? What the feck is that? Are we in some role playing game? Are our lives governed solely by luck or is it the fact that those that work the hardest appear to be the "luckiest"?

I've also heard this stupid ad on the radio that talks about "...when I contacted my life company..." FFS! They used to be called banks. And occaisionally those banks sold endowments.

Why is this doublespeak appearing everywhere?
    You might enjoy reading 'How Mumbo-jumbo Conquered the World' by Francis Wheen - hilarious and sad in equal measure.

CUK gives you wings

hyperD has more data than eek

Just read the Amazon reviews - might just do that Zippy - ta!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

More time posting than coding

hattra has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    You might enjoy reading 'How Mumbo-jumbo Conquered the World' by Francis Wheen - hilarious and sad in equal measure.
    Reading it at the moment - agreed
    Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    Agreed. Read it two years ago. Excellent book.
    A lot of the garbage we have to endure nowadays stems from the relativist post-modern approach that was adopted in the 60s.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Super poster

mcquiggd is good enough for Jehovah!

'Social Exclusion' is when your local council decides to celebrate an indian festival for a minority with taxpayers money, rather than the traditional Guy Fawkes Night.

'Life chances' is the probability of catching TB or being killed in a drive by shooting by 'gangstas'.

HTH
    Vieze Oude Man