• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO NickFitz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM FAO NickFitz

Look out, they're coming to get you!

BBC detector vans are back to spy on your home Wi-Fi – if you can believe it • The Register
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

The BBC said the story was utter bollocks yesterday - they don't need to snoop on wi-fi to "detect" you is the official line.

I note that El Reg is careful to phrase the story as merely reporting what the Telegraph is saying, to avoid giving the impression that they believe such an obvious load of bollocks

Further proof that the Telegraph probably shouldn't have sacked all its science and technology reporters the other year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The BBC said the story was utter bollocks yesterday - they don't need to snoop on wi-fi to "detect" you is the official line.

I note that El Reg is careful to phrase the story as merely reporting what the Telegraph is saying, to avoid giving the impression that they believe such an obvious load of bollocks

Further proof that the Telegraph probably shouldn't have sacked all its science and technology reporters the other year
      They actually put a disclaimer to that effect on the bottom of the article
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        They actually put a disclaimer to that effect on the bottom of the article
        Yep, I think they added that between the chap next to me at ClientCo discussing it earlier and you posting it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Yep, I think they added that between the chap next to me at ClientCo discussing it earlier and you posting it
          Of course it's complete bollix, can you imagine Crapita getting this to work (if it were practical and legal)? Me neither.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
          X