• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof that the Taliban read Shakespeare

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh the typical response of la la la I'm not listening when your hypocrisy and bigotry is pointed out, we'll not bother with your extensive history of lying.

I'd like to know just WHY you feel you must try to protect the "Religion of Peace" from any negative commentary on CUK by throwing the (now impotent and disarmed) Racist grenade about, care to enlighten us on that?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Admin - Can we add that one to the list? TIA

It'll be the ideal response to some of "CretinWatcher's" posts
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        These are privately owned buildings, it is a different matter when the government enforces the discrimination by law.
        Why?

The India government condones the ban on non-Christians and non-Hindu's, it's legal under Indian Law and based purely on faith, so why is it any different?

The whole point of Sovereign states is that they make their own laws according to their own culture / custom. It's what the Brexiteers voted for in the referendum. You might not like it, but they are perfectly within their rights to do it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Islam has branded repeatedly itself as the religion of peace .
          Islam isn't one entity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami...s_and_branches
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami...and_the_Levant

The wahhabi strain of Islam exported by fundamentalists in Saudi Arabia and taken up by the likes of ISIS, is indeed a minority strain of Sunni Islam.

It's worth noting that the largest number of Islamic terrorism victims are in fact Islamic, of the Shia variety.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I don't agree. I think all they do is motivated by their religion. I also think that much of what is done in the name of Islam can be justified by reference to the Koran (if that's your source of authority). I know of Muslims who've escaped ISIS controlled areas who are thoroughly disillusioned with Islam, because they know (and were instructed by ISIS) that the atrocities carried out were backed by the Koran.

the same could be said of any religious extremist, somewhere in the Bible hatred of homosexuals is condoned as is stoning, murder of non believers and lots of smiting. This isn't the religion that most christians believe in, though it is in their book. It is the one the nutters who shroud themselves in the bible before doing things any compassionate god would abhor.

If the spaghetti monster was into striking down those that are different I'm sure we would see a pastafarian off out with his assault rifle.

Nutters use religion to try and make their offences make sense.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Why?

The India government condones the ban on non-Christians and non-Hindu's, it's legal under Indian Law and based purely on faith, so why is it any different?

The whole point of Sovereign states is that they make their own laws according to their own culture / custom. It's what the Brexiteers voted for in the referendum. You might not like it, but they are perfectly within their rights to do it.
              I don't think you understand the difference between public and private space.

Comment

This is also worth a read, if the usual suspects can be rational for a while, and not follow the Islamic fundamentalists down the non-rational, emotional path

Mehdi Hasan: How Islamic is Islamic State?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  You appear to wish to shut down any debate at all where adherents to the Religion of Peace who claim to be acting as muslims by yelling a certain phrase while committing some atrocity and your weapon of choice is the now grossly overused and massively disarmed word RACIST.

Here's news for you (it's not news of course you know it perfectly well) there is a nasty and not very small subset of Islam that is so totally opposed to anything non Islamic that they will happily abuse, mutilate and murder in the name of their God, the people willing to do this tend to be of a few racial groups from certain regions of the world. This is REALITY, not racism.

I also realize that in this forum it's common to use the word RACISM when talk about Muslims and migrants.
                  Racism it's against other races not religions, in this case is more xenophobia.

I'm wondering if the British does not know the difference between two words or for them means the same.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    If the spaghetti monster was into striking down those that are different I'm sure we would see a pastafarian off out with his assault rifle...
                    The spaghetti monster is known to smite people who incorrectly prepare a carbonara sauce.

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    I also realize that in this forum it's common to use the word RACISM when talk about Muslims and migrants.

I'm wondering if the British does not know the difference between two words or for them means the same.
                    Racism to many covers all forms of xenophobia. On the other hand, when someone writes about Islam and also mentions the colour of skin of the majority of Muslims, then racism is probably correct. It's all fuelled by fear and hatred of the different, so does it really matter?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

Its actually Islamophobia to be precise when we talk about fear of muslims.

Xenophobia is fear of those from different countries and possibly cultures.

Racism is specific to race - now how you define race then makes that so much more fun because everyone is apparently a different race. Including Travelers and the welsh.

To make reasonable fear of change or concerns over safety appear unpleasant it seems many people chant racism whenever someone a little different is involved.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X