• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof that the Taliban read Shakespeare

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof that the Taliban read Shakespeare

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37007661
    Originally posted by Shakespeare
    First kill all the lawyers
    What it is to be a peace lover.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I don't think the Taliban have ever claimed to be peace loving, nor have ever been described as such.

I think the phrase is "the majority peace loving Muslims" or something along those lines. The idea being that while these acts of violence and violence are carried out by Muslims, the majority of Muslims abhor such acts and would much rather live at peace with their neighbours. Whether this idea is true or not is of course up for debate in a free society.

But the continued use of "peace lover" in this context come across to me as hate fuelled xenophobia. Labelling as you continue to do is the one of the early steps in dehumanising a people group.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I don't think the Taliban have ever claimed to be peace loving, nor have ever been described as such.

I think the phrase is "the majority peace loving Muslims" or something along those lines. The idea being that while these acts of violence and violence are carried out by Muslims, the majority of Muslims abhor such acts and would much rather live at peace with their neighbours. Whether this idea is true or not is of course up for debate in a free society.

But the continued use of "peace lover" in this context come across to me as hate fuelled xenophobia. Labelling as you continue to do is the one of the early steps in dehumanising a people group.

hmmm. Not sure if I agree.

We can debate on a theological and evidentiary level if you wish.

Comment

Theological or evidentiary, I'm not fussed which one you choose.

Comment

Lets start off with one that could go either way.

Mecca is banned to all non Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Oh my, you will have the hand wringers here crying into their latte if you carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Sure my gran goes there every week though?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Sure my gran goes there every week though?
                But your Gran is a muslim.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The state of it. Last week he had just heard about checking privilege and now it's all full on SJW and "dehumanising a people group"

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    But your Gran is a muslim.
                    She's a northern pensioner, that headscarf is to protect her perm from the wind rather than to protect men from their uncontrollable lust

Comment

Working...
                    X