• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats good in the Isle of Man?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    It's Wilmslow. He'll probably end up with a LAN party in a barn somewhere.
    Well, turns out that there is a wedding party tomorrow night in the hotel I am staying at - a friends brother happens to be going who is up for introducing us to the totty, so could well be a good evening after all!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Post here.
      Is it "saafe" from work?!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Well, turns out that there is a wedding party tomorrow night in the hotel I am staying at - a friends brother happens to be going who is up for introducing us to the totty, so could well be a good evening after all!!
        Hopefully you'll get the birch.

Comment

Nice tax rates.

Comment

Go south

Port Erin or Castletown for a walk about, or stock up with a few cans. Then take the Sound Road down to the Calf - a truly great opportunity to see some Seals.
            The coastline is terrific and it is not a bad place to have a pint or two as the sun goes down.
            So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Nice tax rates.
              While the headline tax rates are good, the cost of everything else on the island is that bit more than in the UK. Transport/travel to/from the island used to be very expensive although has improved with EasyJet flying from Liverpool and Gatwick for low prices although the reliability of the flight to Gatwick on a Friday evening was woeful.

For anyone interested, the island introduced its own version of IR35, even down to the definition of a PSC.

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
              Go south

Port Erin or Castletown for a walk about, or stock up with a few cans. Then take the Sound Road down to the Calf - a truly great opportunity to see some Seals.
              The coastline is terrific and it is not a bad place to have a pint or two as the sun goes down.
              In addition to the south I always found Peel and the West ok too.

Comment

I really enjoyed it. The Best Western was the pits, it does not recognize Platinum membership so will be complaining rather strongly. Douglas was pretty neat, loved the horse trams. It is the land that time forgot, you can park anywhere, no traffic queues and a really chilled out place. The local night spot was at my hotel which has a band of two people and 10 horny locals, one draping her arm around my neck all evening!

Peel and Castletown castles and the Laxey Wheel with lunch in Port Erin made for a busy two days.

dig the local radio station in the car - sooo smashie and nicey. Gave details on every junble sale and tombola, then said there is the islands psychic meeting at 7:30pm, but that we should know the place.......
                Last edited by Wilmslow; 15 August 2016, 09:01.

Comment

FTFY
                  Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  The local night spot was at my hotel which has a band of two people and 10 inbred horny locals, one draping his hairy arm around my neck all evening!
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    FTFY
                    The inbreeding makes it hard to tell.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                      For anyone interested, the island introduced its own version of IR35, even down to the definition of a PSC.
                      Seems like the isle has it's issues with Bobs as well.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X