• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Britain Is Great

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We haven't left yet, and my bet is that something will happen between now and 2019 that will stop us from leaving.

The Government isn't hedging its bets, it's plotting a scheme!

Expect an aircraft ploughing into the "soon to be empty" HoP soon...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      My prediction: 15 years times we will look back on the EU and think "was there ever any point"
      Exactly. People will be wondering what all the fuss was about leaving. The same sad little bunch will still be moaning on here though...

Meanwhile isolated, insignificant little Britain seems to be doing ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Yes, it's amazing how well a country can perform at a sporting event - no politics involved. People proud to represent their nation without concern for how they voted in recent referendum(s).

It's possible to be proud to be British, no matter how you feel about the politics of it. Shame you don't get that.

I wonder how the Daily Mail will report the immigrant Muslim claiming benefits who won gold for GB in the 10,000m.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          Exactly. People will be wondering what all the fuss was about leaving.
          Exactly. It won't make any difference to all the things people blamed on the EU and everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about. Glad we're in agreement.

How many of them got where they are by giving up and walking away when they didn't get everything they want?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

How many of them got where they are by giving up and walking away when they didn't get everything they want?
            I suspect that ALL of them got where they are by believing in themselves and in the training and support they received from funds supplied by either private sponsors or Lottery Funding.
            How many of them won medals as a result of EU funding or involvement I wonder?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              I suspect that ALL of them got where they are by believing in themselves and in the training and support they received from funds supplied by either private sponsors or Lottery Funding.
              How many of them won medals as a result of EU funding or involvement I wonder?
              Well you could say that the conditions for success were created by the strong and stable economy we had in our 40+ years of EU/EEC membership. As you said none of these people get to that level of success without financial backing from somewhere; believing in yourself isn't enough.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X