• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Every £ of EU funding to undergo 'national interest' test to ensure it benefits UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    It never said let's spend it all on the NHS. It's only the idiots that thought it meant that.
    I am not the idiot who voted for Brexit, but in my non-idiot view that bus message was very clear promise -

1) we spend £350 mln per week on EU
    2) let's spend fund (with that amount) NHS instead

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      The message very clearly said two things:

1) we spend £350 mln per week on EU
      2) let's spend fund (with that amount) NHS instead
      You are not fecking thick to argue with a Brexiter, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        You are not fecking thick to argue with a Brexiter, are you?
        He's discussing with me; I'm neither a Brexiter nor a Bremoaner.

In terms of what he said, the bit in brackets is an assumption that he made. Clearly the £350m a week wasn't all going to go on the NHS.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Only £100m was promised.
          Promised by who? Someone in a position to be able to keep that promise? 🙄

Comment

It is pretty vague.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Clearly the £350m a week wasn't all going to go on the NHS.
              Why you say it's clear when the bus message did not say NHS and many other things? The message had only one possible interpretation - £350 mln of EU funding will go to NHS.

I say it's only fair to tax extra those who voted for Brexit to get at least that much extra money for NHS.

Comment

Why you say it's clear when the bus message did not say NHS and many other things? The message had only one possible interpretation - £350 mln of EU funding will go to NHS.

I say it's only fair to tax extra those who voted for Brexit to get at least that much extra money for NHS.
                Sure why not. Here's the thing. In the British democratic system you vote for a political Party that taxes and spends the way you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

It is pretty vague.
                  You can see from BoJo's demeanour that it's a misprint.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Pretty clear promise to fund NHS with the money that will no longer be sent to EU - £350 mln per week, very precise number used.
                    No. It was only £100m. If you want to look at the side of a bus an interpret it that way then that's up to you.

Of course we were told we gave £350m per week to the EU but turns out it's £375m according to the ONS, so I'd like to see that extra go to the NHS too.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      No. It was only £100m. If you want to look at the side of a bus an interpret it that way then that's up to you.

Of course we were told we gave £350m per week to the EU but turns out it's £375m according to the ONS, so I'd like to see that extra go to the NHS too.
                      Could you provide the link to this figure, thank you.

Just in case you can't, this might help:

https://www.statisticsauthority.gov....uropean-union/

UK Perspectives 2016: The UK contribution to the EU budget | Visual.ONS
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X