• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team GB at Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW I've done a tri as well.
    I'm guessing FLC isn't reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Predictable for the Brit loathing liberals to sneer at Britains achievements. At least Darntwat & Sueellen managed to bring themselves to acknowledge UK's success. As for the pathetic miserabalist comment about the NHS if we all wanted to live miserable lives then fine.
      Feel better now? I'm guessing you haven't had a good "self loathing" post for a couple of weeks.

Every 12 year old girl doesn't get to meet Bradley Wiggins, and most don't have an older sister who's a professional cyclist or get born to parents that push them into that environment either. And few people have the genetic makeup required to be a Usain Bolt no matter how hard they try. None of this means it isn't an achievement for those that do but to suggest everybody could do it is nonsense. For one thing if you haven't been training since you were 3 it's probably already too late to become a professional sportsperson.

And to my mind something containing a considerable amount of skill as well as fitness is more impressive.

Of course to the über right nationalist CUK faction this amounts to insulting the realm.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

And few people have the genetic makeup required to be a Usain Bolt no matter how hard they try. None of this means it isn't an achievement for those that do but to suggest everybody could do it is nonsense.
        Nice quote. Problem being, it slightly contradicts your previous post, the thrust of which is shown below. Now which is it? Do try and make your mind up.

Running, cycling, rowing - so what? Winning just means you've trained more than everybody else. Not really an achievement.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          I'm guessing FLC isn't reading this thread.
          My last triathlon with NLyUK, AndyW's mum and Bee lasted three hours

Comment

Here's a bunch of kids with Alister Brownlee at aforementioned fell run. The organisers do an excellent job with the kids year after year just because they want to. It can't harm those kids to know they're following the same path an olympic champion cut his teeth on, might just plant a seed in their minds...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Did they lock you out for 2 hours 59 minutes?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

And then you woke up...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I helped him carry his argument through and concluded that the totem of the NHS was to be used as the weapon of manipulation for totalitarianism.
                  Feck me. And your parents wasted thousands on a private school education. They must be gutted.

Comment

Was that not a "Try it on"?

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Was that not a "Try it on"?

They could all run quicker than FLC. He gave up after 3 hours. It would have been 3 minutes if he could run quicker than them.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X