• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince 2 Training Providers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince 2 Training Providers

I have decided to get certified in Prince 2. I need to take an online certification, and am currently comparing courses from SPOCE and e-Careers, both almost identical and the same price.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these providers?

Has anyone taken the Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner courses?

Thanks.

Have you completed the Gladiators for beginners which is a pre-requisite?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hope Prince 2 will be more careful of which drugs he takes.

Comment

Beginning to wonder...

I'm beginning to wonder if Contractor UK actually provides value for someone trying to maintain professionalism in the industry?

Thanks for the replies, but I am suspecting not.

Does anyone know of a "professional" forum for contractors to ask serious questions? Or is that a business opportunity waiting to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by NetContractor View Post
          I'm beginning to wonder if Contractor UK actually provides value for someone trying to maintain professionalism in the industry?

Does anyone know of a "professional" forum for contractors to ask serious questions? Or is that a business opportunity waiting to happen?
          There is a place. Try here Technical

As admin says about general "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            There is a place. Try here Technical

As admin says about general "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously."
            As I've argued for years general is misnamed, should be called bearpit and a new other category added to the professional forums....

To answer the original question, why do you want to do Prince 2. What do you hope to get out of it and do you have suitable experience. Without the latter while the qualification looks nice it probably won't get you anywhere as contractors sell their experience not their paper qualifications..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              To answer the original question
              Mods! Someone answered a question seriously in general! Ban! Ban! Ban!

<arranges angry mob of CUK posters carrying pitchfolks>

Comment

As I've argued for years general is misnamed, should be called bearpit and a new other category added to the professional forums....

To answer the original question, why do you want to do Prince 2. What do you hope to get out of it and do you have suitable experience. Without the latter while the qualification looks nice it probably won't get you anywhere as contractors sell their experience not their paper qualifications..
                Thanks for the serious reply. I have been contracting for 15 years, as a dev. I have seen many a project succeed and many fail; of those that failed most have little or no project management. I know I can do better, and in several roles I have planned (parts of) the project. Prince 2 is one of several certifications that I have planned; it is just the start. And while it is just a piece of paper, it is the start of a somewhat lengthy transition that I have planned.

So, I HAVE thought this through, and I am not just looking for a box to tick.

However, I have tried online training before, and found it fairly easy for someone to take your money and then provide mediocre quality. I was hoping to find someone whom has completed training with SPOCE or e-Careers and see what people think.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by NetContractor View Post

Have you tried reading the titles of the for sections rather than just hitting the first one? A 10 second scan of the contact should be enough to know what to do.

Comment

Or at least put to the bottom of the list so lazy oiks don't hit it first.

Comment

Working...
                    X