• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn Bang To Rights By Virgin CCTV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    Maybe be went to the inter carriage area for a break from the noise of his fellow travelers?
    Crapola of the very highest order. They just had some silly bint from his campaign team covering for him on BBC news, saying there were no seats when they got on, but mysteriously half an hour later cctv shows him in a half empty carriage. Just enough time to make his propaganda vid, although picking a mid-morning, mid-week service to Newcastle was not the brightest place to do it.
    That service runs fast to York, and I know the Virgin Trains service is far from spectacular, but I think we'd have heard if several dozen passengers had jumped to their deaths from the windows - which don't open anyway. So no-one could have got off, yet there were seats aplenty. He is a lying, opportunist and so full of sh!t you could start a veggie patch in his snivelling bastard beard.
    He should have flown anyway, much quicker, and last time I did it, just over a third of the price of the train. Plus you do tend to get a seat.
    I notice he was reading The Eye, bet they'll be mentioning this on their cover next week.

Vote Corbyn, bury the Labour Party.
    Last edited by Mordac; 23 August 2016, 17:43. Reason: Edit to change "just under a third" to "just over a third".
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Given the new British bill of rights do you think finally we will simply be able to remove and ban from any position if responsibility any person who us paid to represent the British public who clearly cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

Honestly it's like dealing with spoilt ten year olds at times.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Given the new British bill of rights do you think finally we will simply be able to remove and ban from any position if responsibility any person who us paid to represent the British public who clearly cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

Honestly it's like dealing with spoilt ten year olds at times.
        I'd say let him carry on. Not only is it hilarious, he'll eventually split Labour into the Loony brigade, who can argue amongst themselves all they like, they'll be as relevant as the Natural Law party (remember them?) and the basically decent lot, well mostly, who seriously want to govern, and at least deserve a chance to be heard.
        Mind you, they tried that once before, and it didn't seem to last long iirc.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Bit of a non-story but not sure Mr Branson knows what 'unreserved seat' means....

This would never have happened if he was a Tory: Our report found that 75% of press coverage misrepresents Jeremy Corbyn – we can't ignore media bias anymore | Voices | The Independent
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Some of those reservations may have been for future legs of the journey. It pays to glance at them, because if any were from York onwards, you can sit your arse down until York at least. Interesting that 11 mins after the train departed, according to the time-stamp, there were loads of "reserved seats" with nobody sitting on them. Just saying like. What the hell do you care, anyway, living in Deutschland you won't have to exist under the utter misery of a Corbyn govt - mind you, having said that, neither will we.

Comment

Having done ECML for two years previous gig it's generally rammed until about Grantham/Donny then it starts thinning out. I went First Class, but I've seen the pile on for second class, especially when my train was cancelled and it was a total free-for-all.

It's entirely possible Korby was in the floor for the first part, and nabbed a seat later, like my friend who reckons the Ukrainian Army downed MH-17, you don't know anything for sure unless you've seen the whole thing with your own eyes, everyone spins it one way or the other for their own ends.

I tend to side with Korby cos IMHO he's the least likely to resort to such obviously manipulable shenanigans, unlike Cameron (caught with dick in pig) an Farage (promise £350bn for NHS in Brexit than said he didn't).

That doesn't mean Korby didn't, just least likely, IMHO. There are no absolutes. Hitler loved animals and was a vegan, but didn't like Jews. Swings and Roundabouts really.

Comment

What this really shows you is that every action you're taking in public is being scrutinised. Welcome to Big Brother, and you know what, it's only going to get worse once May gets her way...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He should have filmed on peak time Bham to London Virgin Trains - totally packed and tickets like £170 return

Comment

There does seem to some anomaly in the times that Virgin say it happened than the actual images do:

CCTV footage which shows Mr Corbyn walking past reserved but empty seats at 11.08am in Coach F

Maybe their cameras need to be resync'ed or maybe Branson just doesn't like corbyn because he talks about re-nationalising the railways

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      What this really shows you is that every action you're taking in public is being scrutinised. Welcome to Big Brother, and you know what, it's only going to get worse once May gets her way...
                      No need for Big Brother as a few MPs in London and SE have lied over the years about how full or empty trains have been and have simply been caught out by members of the public. (Now they don't need to thanks to Southern.)

Anyway Corbyn should have done what everyone else does wait until the train moves and sit in one of the reserved seats no one is sitting in that goes his full journey. Virgin have a habit of putting reserved in seats that aren't reserved. Then he could have tweeted truthfully about his journey and still slagged of private rail operators.

Also you can reserve seats quite late the previous day as you get cheaper tickets so it simply shows how unorganised and wasteful the team around him are.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X